• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your MTVR today?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Fixed my ac, hallelujah! I’ll upload a video update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The more I see it, the more I really LIKE that truck... I can't quite put my finger on it. Is it cause it's big? Or maybe because it is BIG? ;-) . Or maybe because it is 25 about years newer than my 5 Ton maybe. You could just about fit a Deuce in the bed of your truck...

Still can't quite figure out why everything has to have an automatic transmission though. Seems like just one more thing made more complicated than it needs to be. Especially for their intended purpose.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
The more I see it, the more I really LIKE that truck... I can't quite put my finger on it. Is it cause it's big? Or maybe because it is BIG? ;-) . Or maybe because it is 25 about years newer than my 5 Ton maybe. You could just about fit a Deuce in the bed of your truck...

Still can't quite figure out why everything has to have an automatic transmission though. Seems like just one more thing made more complicated than it needs to be. Especially for their intended purpose.
Haha it’s growing on me! I didn’t like the auto too much in my old 5 ton, but this one has pretty good shift logic and I have all the software to play with it so I’m relatively happy. It is nice off-road that’s for sure although I still prefer shifting my own gears

@MTVR if you watched a couple of my previous videos, I had issues with the fan not cycling with the ac on, pushing head pressure too high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was poking around the other day and I found an emissions sticker on the engine. GP says there is no emissions sticker so maybe this one is not "official". To be official, maybe it needs to list the amount of pollution or something. Anyway, if you are in a state were emissions are required, you can point to this. It is on the driver's side and above the ECM.

20200719_145738.jpg

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced the air hoses for the driver's air ride seat. I replaced the switch but the air hoses would pop off sometimes so I replaced them both with new.

20200606_111953.jpg

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also fixed two blue air hoses that were cracked and leaking. I have no idea what they are for because the truck worked fine even though they were leaking. They are next to the power steering reservoir under the hood.

20200719_151154.jpg

JW7tonWY

Picked up my MTVR Monday, Drove it home to WY, from Yermo, CA. Arrived early today having had a relaxed two day trip...and no issue occurred. I wanted to share this link, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0130JBEZ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I bought several types of this and this is the stuff for your gun turret cap. Put it on the lip of the roof put the cap on and all the locking brackets fit perfectly. No rattle no leaks. When i drove it off the lot the rumble of the engine caused the lid to resonate like a drum skin over my head thought I was going to die. Got out my rolls of rubber trim and this stuff went on with the right amount of effort to stay had the right height and all. nearly 1000 miles home no noise from that lid.

Nomadic

Picked up my MTVR Monday, Drove it home to WY, from Yermo, CA. Arrived early today having had a relaxed two day trip...and no issue occurred. I wanted to share this link, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0130JBEZ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I bought several types of this and this is the stuff for your gun turret cap. Put it on the lip of the roof put the cap on and all the locking brackets fit perfectly. No rattle no leaks. When i drove it off the lot the rumble of the engine caused the lid to resonate like a drum skin over my head thought I was going to die. Got out my rolls of rubber trim and this stuff went on with the right amount of effort to stay had the right height and all. nearly 1000 miles home no noise from that lid.
Pics or it never happened.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks