• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your MTVR today?

Madball90

I traced all the wires, checked all the bulbs, replaced all the relays converted all to fuses, signal goes up the steering column does not come out on the lead to the drivers rear wire. When I jumped the wire on the engine side of the firewall from front blinker to rear tail/flasher everything from there down worked. traced signal from the flasher down to the switch and dashboard wiring harness. In fact just pulled up old messages you told me it was turn signal cam, about 6-8 months ago.
Ahhh ok….

Madball90

that would be great, don't want to waste my money if it's wrong...
So I checked out TM and that is the correct NSN (part number changed). But that is not the NIIN that we use to order them.
we use NIIN 01-480-4000. I do not have a new one that I can check until tomorrow to verify.
It could possibly be that there was NSN change, but since they update our computers every so often, that is there was a NSN change it would not show it until the next update.

JW7tonWY

So I checked out TM and that is the correct NSN (part number changed). But that is not the NIIN that we use to order them.
we use NIIN 01-480-4000. I do not have a new one that I can check until tomorrow to verify.
It could possibly be that there was NSN change, but since they update our computers every so often, that is there was a NSN change it would not show it until the next update.
I have a old Oshkosh printed parts list dated 11/2016 just numbers and descriptions, so you would be way more up to date then I.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Got the lockers working. Drug a 20' Conex about 1/4 mile. Didn't even strain. I think I could have pulled it 40 mph :ROFLMAO:
Wow!! That is great news. Anything you can share about what it took to solve the problem? Oh, and by the way - have you tried attaching a Conex to the bed of your truck? With the bottom pins that could (in theory) hold it in place?

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow!! That is great news. Anything you can share about what it took to solve the problem? Oh, and by the way - have you tried attaching a Conex to the bed of your truck? With the bottom pins that could (in theory) hold it in place?
I repaired a broken air line on the center locker a while back and it appeared they still didn't work. But after hooking to this Conex, changing the CTIS mode, and putting the truck in low gear, it appears the lockers all worked. It never spun a tire, just squatted slightly and off we went. These things are beasts! The link is to a short Facebook video of it.

Beast Mode

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a pair of infrared lights today. Hope to get them wired up soon. There's a spare slot in the instrument panel for a rocker switch, but I think I'm going to install a toggle switch to operate them. Excuse the dirty truck.

infrared.jpg

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of these infrared lights, anyone know if they are sensitive to polarity being reversed? I didn't get a wiring diagram with them and don't want to wire them wrong.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Huge shoutout to My buddy for the help today, one of the last hurdles after losing dad I had was moving this Winnebago because tow companies wanted NO part of its dry rotted tires. My plan A of driving it out failed, plan B of a frame mounted tow bar failed, but a simple phone call to him and he dropped everything and came out to fab up some tow bar backing-plates to give support to my tow bar mounts recycled from a parts truck of mine and we were off to the races!IMG_8822.jpg
IMG_8819.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Huge shoutout to My buddy for the help today, one of the last hurdles after losing dad I had was moving this Winnebago because tow companies wanted NO part of its dry rotted tires. My plan A of driving it out failed, plan B of a frame mounted tow bar failed, but a simple phone call to him and he dropped everything and came out to fab up some tow bar backing-plates to give support to my tow bar mounts recycled from a parts truck of mine and we were off to the races!View attachment 872120
View attachment 872121

Thanks @Elijah95 ! THAT ability to help others is really why we all have the toys that we do. Glad you were able to make it happen. Knowing people and being able to ask for help is pretty wonderful too.

Glad that you were able to Get'r Done!

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
After purchasing a wrecker from @patracy , took a pre trip photo then tow barred it away to have the truck break the passenger tow bar mount and slide my truck. Apparently 2/3 bolts were broken long ago and the 3rd pulled through the bumper. Thank god everything was ok. Returned today with the trailer and loaded her up and hauled her home!IMG_9388.jpg

IMG_9269.jpg
IMG_9270.jpg
IMG_9271.jpg

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My mechanic buddy is going through my MTVR changing engine oil and filter, servicing transmission, and replacing both lines from transmission to transmission cooler. He reported all diff and planetary levels were good. As soon as it cools off, I may tackle installing the AC. Waiting on cab shock bushings now.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Anyone have or know where to get the shock absorbers for the front mid and rears? I broke a mid and front. Looking for on both mk23, or amk25.
Take a good one off and measure center to center eye at collapsed and at extended and I can tell you which civilian shock will fit it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks