• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If this is SCOTTS truck, how did the 1500 firm price come about, that gave this young man the idea that it was for sale and even someone offering to loan. we have quite a few pages talking about buying this truck, the truck is a good looking truck, so what I'm asking is WHAT is the deal on the truck, is it for sale to the young man, for a first truck, he could do a lot worse, also putting together a rare truck is a lot more rewarding than a every day deuce. if he did get it, i'm sure there are a lot of guys that would help a 16 year old LEARN, sure better than drugs, alcohle, gangs, ect.
Sounds like Scott bought the truck while the kid was trying to decide what to do. I don't know if Scott already knew about the truck before this post or not. It's risky business to post pics of a rare truck for a cheap price. If you wait around somebody else will snatch it up.

You don't let a rare truck in that good of shape sit around for several days after posting pics if you really want it. That's one of those deals where you better have cash to hand the man on the spot before he changes his mind or somebody else comes along.

Last edited:

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was for sale locally on Craigslist, I just happen to be the one to come up with the cash and buy it. It just became mine this afternoon, sorry for any confusion. And I did see the ad long before he started this thread, just coincidentally happened around the same time.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Sounds like Scott bought the truck while the kid was trying to decide what to do. I don't know if Scott already knew about the truck before this post or not. It's risky business to post pics of a rare truck for a cheap price. If you wait around somebody else will snatch it up.

You don't let a rare truck in that good of shape sit around for several days after posting pics if you really want it. That's one of those deals where you better have cash to hand the man on the spot before he changes his mind or somebody else comes along.
Hope that is not the case, not cool, would like to think a SSer would not do that, just out of COURTESY to the other members

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It was for sale locally on Craigslist, I just happen to be the one to come up with the cash and buy it. It just became mine this afternoon, sorry for any confusion. And I did see the ad long before he started this thread, just coincidentally happened around the same time.
Thank you, that answers that

axlr8

Well, after a long day at school, and coming to the computer to see my new posts, I guess It is out of the question. Yes, It was for sale locally, and He obviously had the cash that I didn't. I hope It is a nice truck for you Scott, give us some updates, and also, thank you for letting me know she got snagged. I will continue my search...and next time wont post it before I know I cant buy it, so then you guys get a chance at her. Thanks for the learning experience.
Nich

KsM715

Don't let it get you down. You're young and undoubtedly this will not be the only "one-that-got-away". We all have them. Some, as you have read, are even from this very type truck.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't let it get you down. You're young and undoubtedly this will not be the only "one-that-got-away". We all have them. Some, as you have read, are even from this very type truck.
Yep, just wait till you get the GL bug and get repeatedly beat out in overtime .
With cash in hand it took over a year to get the right deal .Keep saving and looking you will find the right one eventually.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know another guy that has one (in much rougher shape and a gasser) that I might have to see if I can get my hands on and maybe come up with some of the missing pieces for this one, then it should bring at least $1600, right? :-D

Heavysteven

Scott,
I have to say I really love that rear winch setup. The bars that run up and across the frame is that for roll over protection? The pto runs off the transfer case right? Where is the lever to the winch?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I had found this and combined it with my other 756, it would have been 99% complete. That's a fine specimen right there. I only know of 2 trunions in the real world. One was mine. Check out the link in my post above to see the missing parts.

Scott, is there anything in the tool or tunnel boxes?

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really am somewhat uneducated on these pipeline trucks to be honest, I assumed that rack was from protection from the pipes. The pto is engaged with a lever behind the drivers seat on the left hand side, same as my M49 truck with a t-case pto.

Kenny, the only thing in the boxes is a couple pads or feet or whatever they are called. I guess the previous owner scrapped the rollers because they were heavy and worth some $ at the scrap yard! He also sold the tailgate! What exactly does the trunion do?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got a great deal on that truck but it has several major items missing to return it back to a operational pipeline truck. Good luck on finding the parts. Short of the major dealers that will charge you through the nose, I wouldn't know where to start.

If you're not worried about being completely original, You could fab up a tail roller and gin poles fairly easy.