• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's an M35A2 worth these days?

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never ever make claims based on the odometer.
Never say never. I sold my AF Deuce with every piece of paper ever generated for it by the AF. From the original acceptance receipt from AM General to every annual or other maintenance checkup. Every light bulb that was ever changed was listed. I was 100% confident that it was all original equipment and the miles were genuine as they were listed on the maintenance reports. When the new owner reviewed all of it, he agreed. So rare as it is, there are some that can be trusted.

BTW that was a beautiful truck, with that history and I sold it for $5,800. So you never know.

kml9705

After looking at a few trucks I decided to go with the first one I looked at. We settled on $6300 with the trailer. This truck had a bunch of stuff the others I looked at didn't such as a heater, troop seats and a few other things. I figured by the time I added those I would be up to or over the price we agreed to on the first one.

Now the problem is finding insurance. I looked at the insurance sticky and FYI - a lot of those companies no longer insure these trucks. I am waiting on quotes from a few others. we'll see how it goes.

I can't wait to get it home.

mattchef10

After looking at a few trucks I decided to go with the first one I looked at. We settled on $6300 with the trailer. This truck had a bunch of stuff the others I looked at didn't such as a heater, troop seats and a few other things. I figured by the time I added those I would be up to or over the price we agreed to on the first one.

Now the problem is finding insurance. I looked at the insurance sticky and FYI - a lot of those companies no longer insure these trucks. I am waiting on quotes from a few others. we'll see how it goes.

I can't wait to get it home.
I'm insured in Florida through progressive commercial. $275 for 6 months. I'm sure there may be cheaper options.

kml9705

I just did Progressive Commercial, here in NJ it was $646 for 6 months. I'm curious if your policy has different coverage or if it's just cause of the different location. I did go a little higher liability coverage, the price difference was about $100 / 6 months over the state minimum.

If all goes well I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

rustystud

I just did Progressive Commercial, here in NJ it was $646 for 6 months. I'm curious if your policy has different coverage or if it's just cause of the different location. I did go a little higher liability coverage, the price difference was about $100 / 6 months over the state minimum.

Progressive here too. It seems their the only game in town nowadays !

winfred

all i could get around here was "the general" 800 and change for a year, i guess AAA is happy with just 4 of my vehicles as they've so far all but said get bent

I'm insured in Florida through progressive commercial. $275 for 6 months. I'm sure there may be cheaper options.

Progressive here too. It seems their the only game in town nowadays !

dangeroustyz

I think the 2-6K estimate is reasonable.

I've sold 2 winch trucks in the last 12 months for $6500. Both totally serviced, new batteries, titles, etc. One was a little prettier than the other, the less pretty one had a cargo cover.

I think what you're going to see now that the govt. is finished surplussing them is that nice trucks that have been taken care of will command a premium (although I'm not sure what that will be in terms of $$$) and the junky trucks that people bought and abused and now need a lot of work and parts will be very cheap, because there will be so many.
What do you have for sale now?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What do you have for sale now?
Nothing, unfortunately. With the end of the surplussing of M35's, that took me out of the sales thing.

I have a client's truck here that's pretty basic (non winch, standard bed, sprag, etc.) that has a melted piston. He'd probably sell it as is, I don't think we're going to put an engine in it.

Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks