• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

When you park your Deuce on a inclined driveway........

Deuce-bigalo

:confused: OK - If I was to get something like a deuce, I would have to park it in the driveway. I would likely back it in. Here's my question:

For those of you who have deuces, if your only option is to park it in the declining driveway (backed up the incline), do you strickly depend/rely on a/several wheel choks? Is there something else you can do to prevent someone getting in and trying to (hypothetically) pop it out of gear [:(!] and watch it roll out of the driveway into the house across the street for fun?? :nono: :freaked:

I know there is a parking brake :idea: , however what else do y'all do to ensure it STAYS in it's spot?

Thanks!

red devils dude

[/quote]A 12"x12" piece of wood :confused: ? Metal? How does that set up? :confused:
John[/quote]

a very big peice of wood and what the bugger do you mean(How does that set up?)

Deuce-bigalo

red devils dude said:
a very big peice of wood and what the bugger do you mean(How does that set up?)
RDD, I was just wondering if I understood you correctly.

How does that set up? means:

If it was a 12"x12" piece of wood, is it shaved at all to give more contact to the tire? Do you place it there on just one side or do you have two? One for each side?

Just wondering.

Thanks!

Opie

Would you want to try pairs of chocks chained/padlocked together on both fore and aft sides of a wheel (sort of like a Denver boot) to prevent them from being removed by wayward hooligans? probably unnecessarily complicated, but the best I can think of at the moment...

Deuce-bigalo

I don't know. Kids can get into anything and if they wanted to raise some hell I would hate to see the deuce across the street the next morning.

I didn't know you weren't supposed to put it into gear when parked, unless I'm missing the joke (4 day week and they all feel like Mondays!)

I see what you mean Opie, don't want to go overkill - just wondered what y'all had been using if there was a similar situation to mine!

Thanks for the responses so far guys, I think it's BEER TIME!! AUGH!

John

Wyattearp

Do you have access to pet rattlesnakes that will keep the neighborhood hooligans out of the cab.
You can use wheel chocks, or a piece of 12x12, or 6x6. I have also seen wheel locks that fit between the duals and they use pressure against each wheel to lock them. Hang tight and i think i know where i saw those... brb............

Dieselsmoke

Wyattearp said:
Do you have access to pet rattlesnakes that will keep the neighborhood hooligans out of the cab.
Hey, that one would work pretty well to keep mice out of the cab as well [:)] [:)]

mangus580

I like RDD's idea!! Chain it up like a dog... [^] then hang a set of balls from the back... :roll: and put a beware of dog sign in front of it... :jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks