• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where's Your License Plate?

jholler

I registered the M1009 and got my plate, and as a social experiment I'm gonna keep it in the glovebox until PD asks about it. I'm the only one in the city driving an MV (except for my Guard unit), and I'm betting I can go quite a while on them just not knowing whether I should have a tag or not. I also work for the city fire department, so even if I do get stopped, I don't expect to be in much trouble. If I end up having to display it, I like the idea of a loop of 550 cord through the holes and looped over the top of the spare tire.
Still in the glove box... :) only person who ever questioned me was a city cop who came to my fire station to work out, and tried to tell me he didn't think I was allowed to own the truck, because it was government property...this from a guy who's also a Major in my Guard unit. I straightened him out.

jholler

One month down, so far so good! Plate is in the document bag hanging on the dash, just in case.
...5 years later, never been stopped or questioned. I did have one city officer, (who also happens to be a Guard LtCol) try to tell me he didn't think I was allowed to even OWN the truck, since it was Gov property....:roll: After I asked if he was freaking kidding, he waffled back to "Well, I KNOW you're not allowed to still have the bumper numbers painted on it..." I pointed out that it's a POV, and I can spray paint anything I **** well please on it.
**Keep in mind, this was an officer who came by my fire station to use our gym, NOT a traffic stop!!**
...And...this genius is now my Battalion Commander.

steelandcanvas

Never been hassled, and I'm going on 6 years now with my tags in the jockey box. I do however keep a copy of the vehicle code, and the official state paperwork created when it became law. I've had a Deputy Sheriff come by the AO several times while on patrol just to talk truck...he didn't ask about lack of displayed tags, but I educated him about the that vehicle code.

cucvrus

On the rof with a projection LED light. I sort of like to keep rolling. I travel a lot and cops are attracted to CUCV's.005.jpgSo with no license plate in place I would be a cop magnet. And I really would rather not deal with the local yocals. They all tend to decipher the law they way they want it to fit. Drive thru 100 municipalities and 1 will pull you over and tell you the KC day-lighters are illegal. I always say funny thing is they have been on there for 12 years they are not turned on so what is illegal about them. Same as the tinted side glass. That is a factory option. I usually just drive away after they look at my drivers license or sit along the road while they have there pleasure looking for wants and warrants. 002.jpg

richingalveston

IMG_0407.jpgIMG_0406.jpgIMG_0405.jpg
not the best pics but I built a flip down plate holder for my 1009. I did not want to put any holes in anything visible to screw the plate to so I built a bracket that mounts to the top of the hitch mounting plate. I had a light under the bumper but changed it to two of the led lights that are now the bolts that hold the plate to the holder. It hinges right above the bumper and folds down flat against the bumper.

It has a magnet on the back of the plate to hold it up against the tailgate. It folds down with the tailgate.

Works great. I am in the same boat that I do not want to be the training subject for all the rookie and not so rookie cops out there so I got regular plates for mine and do not use bumper numbers.

Rich

3jumpjeep

Mine is screwed into upper left tailgate. The holes were already there otherwise I'd have done something different. Never been stopped.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks