• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

While the radiator is off...

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to pull my radiator tonight, my truck has been running a little hot lately, and i need to have the fan shroud re-soldered. was that a common problem with deuces to have the radiator shroud crack off from the top tank? I was also thinking about removing the steering box and putting new bushings in it while it is out.... does anybody know the specs or part numbers of the steering box pitman arm bushings and seal?

I also planned on checking my timing, i know it is a couple degrees off now, so ill adjust that the way it is supposed to be and possibly put new oil lines on my IP. I also made a bracket to mount a 12 volt alternator just above my 24 volt alt, so that will be nice to have a dedicated 12 volt system on the truck. i have a new thermostat (not sure if ill put it in or not and at least check the seal.... i have a new one of those in stock. hope to have all this work done by this weekend! keeping my fingers crossed!

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well i pulled the radiator out last night. everything seemed to go good. i drilled out the rivits holding the shroud on because they were loose and the solder was cracked that holds it on the tank also. ill drop the radiator off to have repaired and maybe flushed.... ill keep you guys updated on the progress. i think this is the biggest job i have done on my deuce since i have owned it! wish me luck! haha!

Attachments

Garandfan

Gimp that's one hot lamp! Do your belts! The rad isn't as rough as it looks once you do it. Make sure you put the lower hose on first before you put the rad back on.
Can anyone give advice on working on a M923A2? LOL!

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the belts were like new when i bought the truck, brand new lower hose (uncle sam installed) with the napa "sleeve" and part number 7372 on that. i will probably put on a new upper hose and inspect the other hoses as well. i need to do my homework on what the other hose sizes are to maybe replace them also. the project is going good so far!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Inspect the hose that goes to the oil cooler closely! Mine looked good, but when I swapped it out, it was bad on the bottom, out of sight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks