• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who Bought Those Oshkosh MK-48s???

michigandon

Kinda sounds like the same thing Cabell told me about gensets @ Fort Bragg. If there's only one or two listed in a certain event, they'll go for a good price. But if there's several, a certain NC surplus vendor who shall remain nameless will bid them all up to stupid money and then put them in their store for an even stupider markup. :evil:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WM:
Sounds like you avoided "certain peril" with that deal.

I DO wonder what your real purpose for these tanks may have been.... I'm going with the Possum Submarinal Navy theory myself.

Just as an FYI, here are some of the threads that are the embryo of a future MILITARY RAILROAD FORUM.....

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ss-main-site-improvements-updates-suggestions/94811-railroad-forum.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/95028-military-railroad-pics.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/95125-military-railroads-movies.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/94993-railroad-reenlistment.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/82759-military-railroad-car-into-bridge.html

...And there are many others, but this is a start, and "food for thought" on our new SS MILITARY RAILROAD FORUM.

I am reminded of a T-shirt that was once given to an Enginerring Manager that I workd for back in my aircraft avionics manufacturing days.....
<REALLY REALLY BIG GRIN> to patracy (ADMIN) who will "soon" be creating that forum.....

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
My original intent was to cut the ends off and sell them as culvert...then my buddy told me he would buy them whole to store fuel in (he runs a huge farm and buys fuel in bulk).

I was going to use one of them for a "root cellar".

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking more along the lines WM was on a sub base - he may want them tanks to start his own submarine company out in Huntsville - "along the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico".
Or maybe he was there with someone special to watch the submarine races...:)

1300UnimogDownUnder

Hi Team, I am just wanndering where all these Trucks have gone that you have picked up.
Please start a thread with photos of all your trucks at home & what you have been doing, with & to them :p.
Stephen

hcso2332

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just received both the titles for the MK48 and MK18 trailer. Has anyone been to the DMV yet to get plates for their MK48?

Hoefler

I have been through the DMV in Minnesota. Mine was titled as Farm truck for the FPU and Farm trailer for the trailer. I have a farm and dont intend on driving beyond the restricted 150 mile radius.
Pete

Attachments

bigmellon

I am on my way to the DMV soon.... Just got the LVS running and connected to the RBU. A few glitches and hopefully street legal in the next week. Hoping the State isn't too difficult on titles here!

RDUKW

I just got mine registerd at the California DMV today as a historic vehicle. Now all I need to do is get my transmission problem fixed.

BradBMI

All

What ever happened to the MK48's GL took back? Were they actually taken back or was it resolved

Just curious

Brad

TacticalTruck

I'm not sure they took any back that were already picked up. They wouldn't let me pick one up I had paid for. Of course it took them a lot longer to refund my money then the time require us to pay in. I haven't heard anything more.

Jeff

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
They have not reappeared at Jacksonville although I have inside info that there are several ship loads of vehicles and equipment that will be sold out of Blount Island as soon as it is processed through DRMO and all the usual agencies have a crack at it before it goes on the block.

My guess is that the ones they pulled back ended up being sold to overseas governments or drawn out by federal, state or local agencies.

BradBMI

I feel for the guys who's units were taken back The one i purchased was overhalled and had 13 miles on it. Everything is new. Hopefully they will come out again. The MK is a fun drive and the self steering can point your trailer into the drivway. Great in tight spaces

Good luck

Stephan King

Hello all, I have been looking at buying one of these for my HDD drilling company. Most of my job site locations need a truck like this to get my equipment in there. My problem is that my current commercial insurance company can't find an underwriter to cover it, nor will my bank finance it due to there being such a small market for them. After reading this threadnaught I figured if anyone could help me out with this it would be the folks on this forum.

ZZ4x4

I'm using Gulfway Insurers after getting a recommendation from a SS member. http://www.racensur.com/ . It is a commercial policy (even though I don't use the truck commercially) with full coverage and still VERY reasonable . My State Farm and Farmers agents would not cover it.

Burney

Sorry guys but i cant seem to find where to look..
I have an m923a2 . can I connect an MK15 recovery. To my truck. Or is there a forum I can go to and find all the components I can use???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks