• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who Bought Those Oshkosh MK-48s???

triliji

Anyone else have their MK48 taken back by the gov?

Been waiting almost 2 months just to have the EUC submitted, with GL sitting on my capital only to receive a notice saying the government now is not going to honor the sale.

Not only that but I was informed that if I had the vehicle in my possession I would have to arrange to have it shipped to a location specified by the gov.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an m105a2 at camp Shelby Hooked up to my suv with a signed release form GL employee at the drmo lot then at the GL/drmo warehouse office I was told it was not mine and I could not have it / tow it back and unhook it 3 weeks ago.

I will post more about this unlucky auction soon in the GL section with details so others can be aware and prepared. :gimp:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There is one on a certain auction site (one of the units I loaded), wonder if it to will be called back, that could cause some SERIOUS trouble for the seller

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Not me, others have stated that there is a hold om the 48s and that TT got a notice about pulling back a power unit

triliji

Basically, the DRMS has requested that the MK48 I purchased be returned to them. It's been bought for months but m=now they want it back.... the funny part is they only want the front unit and assumed that I would still want the trailer so they sent me an email saying I could pick up the trailer. Guss I could hook it up to my horse and have him tow it around :deadhorse:

And what's even funnier is they thought I would pay them $7k for it.

Wish I could cherry pick

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Basically, the DRMS has requested that the MK48 I purchased be returned to them. It's been bought for months but m=now they want it back.... the funny part is they only want the front unit and assumed that I would still want the trailer so they sent me an email saying I could pick up the trailer. Guss I could hook it up to my horse and have him tow it around :deadhorse:

And what's even funnier is they thought I would pay them $7k for it.

Wish I could cherry pick
What event/lot #, was this the one that we put together but was waiting on the euc, are you the two guys we meet that has a pipe line construction co.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yeah.... did you receive the $100 ?
Also can you send a receipt so I can try and have my $ refunded by GL
Thanks
You need to talk to WM on that, I was just a hired wrench providing backup support

That was a nice truck

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yeah.... did you receive the $100 ?
Also can you send a receipt so I can try and have my $ refunded by GL
Thanks
Strange, you BOUGHT a COMPLET truck as ONE LOT, they only want 1/2 back, so how do they change the ONE lot now into TWO lots, I would think that if the front unit is wanted back and being you have a COMPLET truck, they get the rear unit back as well along with a FULL refund, not letting you KEEP/PAY for the trailer ????

Last edited:

3dAngus

Last year, I posted some data on Security and Exchange filings on this company where they increase scrap metal sales in the later part of the year, and get a greater percentage on sales of scrap then on regular auctions. It's all in the SEC filings and 10Q report. I got called out and was told I was "out of line" with nothing backing him up.

Recently, I've been told that once again, GL is on the loose and scrap is a high priority, and we can expect to see big heavy metal items being scrapped rather than sold at auction. This increases GL earnings. I was told by an insider and one in the know. I would never release my sources.

It would be interesting to see if they bring those back and scrap them. That would suck.
Keep an eye on your business. I would not return anything I bought and removed and had a paid in full receipt for. If they want it, they can come and get it. They can pay all the expenses, and they better pay me for mine before it is removed from my property. I, nor any of my help, works for free. I would also be entitled to compensation for finders fee in the reverse transaction, where they would have to pay me for any inconvenience. Time is money too.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If SCRAP, why not the WHOLE COMPLET truck (a lot more steel), not just the FPU, It seems that it is the GOV. who for some reason is the one ONLY calling back the FPU., though not saying the FPU won't end up as scrap for the same "reasons" as the 151 and the Humvee.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks