• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won my first A3 on GL today

RealCavDog

This whole attitude REEKS ! Flat out stinks ! Just my opinion .

The guys on the road after over a month of nightmare problems, it's Friday, places will be closed, AND FORUM ETIQUETTE IS THE PROBLEM ? No wonder folks, myself included, get wound up in the wrong way sometimes, but really ?

Help the guy out, make sure he makes it somewhere, then delete the thread or beat him up ! Kansas to Florida in an A3 !

So little free time lately, and this is what I choose to participate in . . . maybe it's just a bad day for a bunch of folks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would never do anything to hamper him(or ApopkaFL) getting the help he needs. I do have a bad sinus headache. I'm sure it has contributed to my "attitude".

It's hard to tell, but alot of my comments are not 100% serious.

Don't get so worked up. In the end, we're all here to help each other.

flyBURopTIK

Noticed a thread on a3.net about this...

If he's on the road & got internet access, he might want to try a michelin OTR (Big truck) tire shop? Another venue could be the local oshkosh (cement mixer) service shop (if theres one in his travel path) -or, of course some of the homegrown remedies already suggested...

ApopkaFL

Banned
Just talk to Steve they are 60 miles North of Birmingham, AL, Says the tire wobble seems to be better since I told him to turn the CTIS. Says only traveling about 47 mph. Says he is getting 12 MPG... I will update next time he calls.

Rodman

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
left thursday morning about 8:30 am, got there at the same time friday to pickup the truck. Drove it just down the road to a large parking lot to hooKup the pickup and get ready for the road. I thought this truck would do 55 mpg, wrong - 50 mph at 2,800 rpm and tires would shake your teeth out.

Attachments

Bolkbich

congrats on your new truck ...sorry to hear about your trans problems. being held over a barrel by some @#$ at a distant shop is every guys nightmare. yea when i asked how fast an a3 went i got alot of wrong answers and one right . these speedos are off quite a bit. the tire shake sucks, but a ss member gave good advice . 5 extra lug nuts across from the ctis got rid of 99% of my shake. i love my a3, alot more than my a2. yep it looks like its bent,especially when its loaded.:deadhorse: with a 5 speed od trans and hydraulic steering id like it almost as much as my 923

BadMastard

Hey Steve! Ditto on hope you are home! My a3 rides pretty smooth with a mix of contis. And michelins, you shouldn't be that shaky. Maybe your wheelweights?

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Steve! Ditto on hope you are home! My a3 rides pretty smooth with a mix of contis. And michelins, you shouldn't be that shaky. Maybe your wheelweights?
All the wheel weights are in place, in southern AR. stopped and aired up the tires, the rear were 35 psi and the front i had aired to 50 psi. Went to 65 in the front and 60 in the rear, made a big differenace. Was able to get up to 54 mph rolling down a hill, but still shaking. Did well at 2,700 rpm at 48 mph.

Attachments

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure what fuel milage other A3 owners are getting but it looks like 9 miles to the gallon at 3,000 rpm wide open. 10 miles to gallon at 2,700 rpm, i think i can get 11. Looking at 14.00 x 20 tires. This change would drop 348 rpm at 50 mph and 60 mph can be achieved. I believe 12 miles to gallon is possible.

91W350

Glad to hear you got your girl out of Kansas! Not that you or her were not welcome here.... Hope the trip home is trouble free! Glen

RealCavDog

Not sure what fuel milage other A3 owners are getting but it looks like 9 miles to the gallon at 3,000 rpm wide open. 10 miles to gallon at 2,700 rpm, i think i can get 11. Looking at 14.00 x 20 tires. This change would drop 348 rpm at 50 mph and 60 mph can be achieved. I believe 12 miles to gallon is possible.

Steve, not sure, but I do not think that the 14.00 tires will work with the duals, but did I read somewhere that you were thinking of bobbing it ?

If thats the case, 16.00s ! LOL !

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve, not sure, but I do not think that the 14.00 tires will work with the duals, but did I read somewhere that you were thinking of bobbing it ?

If thats the case, 16.00s ! LOL !
Yea it would be a 4X4 for that tire. This truck will need alot of small parts, the brake light switch quit, the pass side door latch stripped inside, the air assist steering does not work, the air valve is on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks