• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Woohoo... Won a M109A4 out of PA!

wsucougarx

The M109A4s went for between $6500 to $8500. Mine was on the lower end.
That's not bad at all. When you consider what you're getting. They all had really low miles and look pristine on the insides. I had them saved on the list but completely forgot the auction was up yesterday.:(

rwbrown72

That's not bad at all. When you consider what you're getting. They all had really low miles and look pristine on the insides. I had them saved on the list but completely forgot the auction was up yesterday.:(
That is what I thought. Mine has 157 miles and 117 hours. Looked perfect. We shall see. I've dated women that "looked" perfect, but had some problems under the hood! :beer:

802dot1q

That is what I thought. Mine has 157 miles and 117 hours. Looked perfect. We shall see. I've dated women that "looked" perfect, but had some problems under the hood! :beer:
You have to import them to get a good one around here... women AND trucks!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I paid More than that! I was making a joke. I hope it works out too! I've been waiting for one of those for a while and I was willing to pay a premium to get exactly the one I wanted. Oddly, this one was on the low end of the bunch. I guess the ones with the videos went a lot higher.
Now for the EUC and the trip home.
Everyone talks about pricey they were, how much did they go for?
Just kidding about the preview and the cracked block - I'm sure it's a great truck. Tried to get a few laughs from other folks, it didn't work. Probably cuz some of us here HAVE been burned on trucks that had hidden problems. Oh well. Enjoy the new rig....
The M109A4s went for between $6500 to $8500. Mine was on the lower end.
If we are talking about the same truck that I had on my watchlist, then it ACTUALLY sold for $7400 BEFORE GL Fees & Taxes are tacked on.

Last edited:

rwbrown72

If we are talking about the same truck that I had on my watchlist, then it ACTUALLY sold for $7700 BEFORE GL Fees & Taxes are tacked on.
Wow... You really are intent on proving I paid too much. Ok... I paid $7400 for the truck before taxes and fees. There.... Now you can fell justified in your quest to prove something that only matters to you. I don't care what you think. I have the money and choose to spend it this way. I'm sure that is not the only thing in my life you wouldn't approve of, but until you start paying my bills you don't get a say in it. Now we can both feel better. :rant:

I'm not mad at you... I just don't understand your need to prove that "You" think that someone else spent their hard earned money in a way you don't think was smart. You were probably saying gold was too expensive at $500 per ounce. I'm just saying.

rwbrown72

If we are talking about the same truck that I had on my watchlist, then it ACTUALLY sold for $7700 BEFORE GL Fees & Taxes are tacked on.
Oh... One other thing. Mine went in the middle of the price range. See you did "get me" on something. Now you can rest easy. All is right in the world. Have a great day.rofl

91W350

They were exceptionally nice trucks, when I was at my buddy's looking at scrap, I pulled them up and showed them to him. He asked what they were going to bring and I told him I thought 7000 for a low and maybe 10,000 for a high. You could not buy a nice M109 and restore it to that condition for much less. You certainly could not go power steering, auto, CAT and super singles on a restored M109 for that....without the untold chassis wear and unknown abuses. I think they were well bought. Just my two pennies worth. Glen

rwbrown72

They were exceptionally nice trucks, when I was at my buddy's looking at scrap, I pulled them up and showed them to him. He asked what they were going to bring and I told him I thought 7000 for a low and maybe 10,000 for a high. You could not buy a nice M109 and restore it to that condition for much less. You certainly could not go power steering, auto, CAT and super singles on a restored M109 for that....without the untold chassis wear and unknown abuses. I think they were well bought. Just my two pennies worth. Glen
Thanks for that!

Let me say one last thing.... Stuff like this gets under my skin a little, but in the end we are all friends. I got much luv for the people on here! I don't want any new guys to think any different. Sometimes we disagree, but that is what families do. Now I gotta go work to pay for my overpriced truck! rofl

91W350

I have a friend with a 1970 Nova that he has spent over 130,000 dollars on and did almost all of the work himself. The nicest 1968 to 1972 Nova I ever saw. He does not have a prayer of recovering, thankfully, he is pretty secure. I think you can make money next week if you really wanted or needed to. I would a whole lot rather have your truck at your price than his Nova at his cost. We are all different, be a boring world otherwise. If you want a really nice M109A4, I doubt you will ever find a nicer one. I would have a hard time saving it, I would drive that thing everyday, everywhere, except the Sonic Drive In, my deuce would not fit in their stalls. It would not go through the drive In at the bank either. It would however, get me close enough for walk up service! I like it and think you did well. If I had a couple more grand laying loose, you might have paid more. Glen

802dot1q

Heck I'll have that in my truck and a set of wheels and tires. Seems like a smokin' deal to me. Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I know some people that deal in collector paper currency. They pay many times face value for paper money. Now THAT is crazy! RB, I'll be the first to make an offer if you decide you don't want it!!!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow... You really are intent on proving I paid too much. Ok... I paid $7400 for the truck before taxes and fees. There.... Now you can fell justified in your quest to prove something that only matters to you. I don't care what you think. I have the money and choose to spend it this way. I'm sure that is not the only thing in my life you wouldn't approve of, but until you start paying my bills you don't get a say in it. Now we can both feel better. :rant:

I'm not mad at you... I just don't understand your need to prove that "You" think that someone else spent their hard earned money in a way you don't think was smart. You were probably saying gold was too expensive at $500 per ounce. I'm just saying.
Sir,
I certainly didn't mean for you to get all bunched up about this.

PLEASE go back and re-read what I typed as though we were face-to-face having a good time and both of us had smiles on our faces. Also, please keep in mind that the auction that you successfully bid on is open to the WHOLE WORLD to see thanks to Mr. Gore's internet. http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=4580404 (Correction: Actual Closing Bid $7400)

By no means was I on a witch hunt to expose what, in retrospect, I now understand that you had hoped to keep confidential.

Nowhere did I criticize what you paid for your truck and in fact, I congratulated you in my very first post to this thread. Everything I had said was intended to be good natured fun - I regret that you took offense at the revelation of truth. May I remind you that it was you who misrepresented (aka: lied about) the price you paid for it. As I have stated many times in these forums - a sale happens when a willing buyer pays a willing seller the price that they agree to. Once again, I congratulate you and sincerely wish you the best with the truck.

Truthful disclosure of prices paid effects every visitor to these threads and their decision on how much or how long they might pursue a future auction of similar equipment. They may use information presented here to decide for themselves what they might bid. Misinformation could be construed as manipulation of those future bids.

I do not know why you might wish to be so secretive about the price paid in this auction, nor what your motivation to misrepresent that closing bid to be. I DO however fully endorse the policy of this website to require ABSOLUTE TRUTHFULNESS by its members in the information shared here.

BTW... It was NOT ME who referred in any way about anything being "expensive at $500 per ounce". May I respectfully request that your focus your angst at the correct source in the future.

Let us now stand down and move on to more positive and productive discussions.
Respectfully,
John

rwbrown72

Sir,
May I remind you that it was you who misrepresented (aka: lied about) the price you paid for it.

Let us now stand down and move on to more positive and productive discussions.
Respectfully,
John
You are funny!

Look at those two statements.

Makes me laugh!

You call me a liar and then want to just drop it.

HA HA HA HA

Good one!

RB

P.S. I posted this two posts down: Oh... One other thing. Mine went in the middle of the price range. See you did "get me" on something. Now you can rest easy. All is right in the world. Have a great day. So I corrected my "LIE"!

91W350

Did they upgrade to the diesel like the m35a3's?? Just curious.. That's the first a4 I've seen...
Sorry, I missed this. The M109A3 trucks were multifuel and manual transmission. These M109A4 trucks are Caterpillars and automatics. They also have super singles and power steering. This batch was the cleanest group of trucks I ever saw listed. I wish I was part of the winning committee.

I regret selling my 72 and am deuceless right now. I am confident I will get over the deuceless part soon, I just hope I can get my hands on another strong runner. I quickly got addicted to the power and smoke trail the old deuce had. Glen

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there were only 5500 M35A3s produced during the A2 to A3 refit program, how many A4s even exist out there? Are the A4s included in the 5500 total M35A3 program numbers, or were more on top of that that came out 109A4s, etc? I've only just now seen the 109A4s coming out, I'll bet its a sure thing there aren't many.

Good score in my mind RW, enjoy your truck and fill us in on any of your own product improvement programs. I love seeing the 109 box conversions.