• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Woohoo... Won a M109A4 out of PA!

tomcata3

I used a grinder with sanding disc, there was some small bubbles, I used a needle scaler and that opened the hole under the bubble (thats a nice tool good for getting of peeling paint). Then you can weld in new metal and seal roof with bedliner stuff. You will need about 2 gallons($90 a gallon)

rwbrown72

I used a grinder with sanding disc, there was some small bubbles, I used a needle scaler and that opened the hole under the bubble (thats a nice tool good for getting of peeling paint). Then you can weld in new metal and seal roof with bedliner stuff. You will need about 2 gallons($90 a gallon)
Very cool. That is my next project.... CTIS is Fubar and needs attention!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Russell,
If the roof is in relatively good shape, just use the aluminum/tar roofing mix. One gallon did the top of an M109 with almost a quart left over - and it's paintable after it sets up. I left the top w/o any paint since the aluminum reflects the sun (heat) better and that is always a consideration here in the south!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
P.S. I still haven't gotten the roof jack for the MIT from Chris in Ohio. I need to get over that way and get that thing. It's been too long.
Sorry I am late to the thread! Nice truck. No worries about your MKT jack. It is stashed in my m101a2 waiting for you.

rwbrown72

Sorry I am late to the thread! Nice truck. No worries about your MKT jack. It is stashed in my m101a2 waiting for you.
Cool.... I've been watching things in OH. I'm probably going to buy a trailer or something and make a trip out there to pick stuff up. Let me know if you see any MKT stuff. That might be all I need to make the trip. Also, if anyone is heading west throw it on. Thanks for the help. See ya soon.

Russell

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not exactly MKT stuff, but Gimpy has four Food Sanitation Center stainless steel sinks of mine that he picked up for me. Takes three for the FSC (wash rinse, sterilize). Got to be able to wash up the pots and pans after cooking! They don't have the two piece bases or the covers, but look good otherwise. PS they are big enough to wash a 15 gallon pot in - about 22" wide, 25" deep, and almost 15" high inside.

Attachments

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I'm late to the party. That is a fine looking truck! Maybe one day I'll have a 109....

[thumbzup]