• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Woohoo... Won a M109A4 out of PA!

Ripcord01

Congrats on the T ruck. What are you plans for it? Camper. Home. Mobile Office ? You might place the brakes on the other BS.

rwbrown72

Look at my thread where I did the same thing with an M109A3. they are great for that purpose! Congratulations!
Hey Mike. I copied your idea. What you did was super cool and I'm going to try and do the same thing. Your truck is really nice and I hope you don't mind me "borrowing" your ideas.

Russell

P.S. I still haven't gotten the roof jack for the MIT from Chris in Ohio. I need to get over that way and get that thing. It's been too long.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Russell,

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Just do it better! I didn't have a trailblazer to show me the way.

peecook

congrats Russell. I got an up close on a 109a4 2 years ago at Aberdeen and it was bad azz. Even made me a little jealous. The owner had a lot of positive things to day compared to the a3. I'm sure you'll enjoy her.

rwbrown72

congrats Russell. I got an up close on a 109a4 2 years ago at Aberdeen and it was bad azz. Even made me a little jealous. The owner had a lot of positive things to day compared to the a3. I'm sure you'll enjoy her.
Cool.... Got any advice on the electrical inside the box? I started a thread about it in the electrical section.

TacticalTruck

I was after one for a customer. They were very nice examples for sure and maybe there is something to be said for having an original A4 but instead I bought another nice M35A3 and I'll pop a box on it and have quite a bit less in it...just sayin'.

hmsgoodhope

Good win!

Nice trucks - I added these to my watchlist just to track price. From pics they looked very clean - paint in box is shiny new :) and body looks great. A 109A4 will be my next add but sadly that will be at least a year or 2 off as I haven't even started restore of my M1009 yet and am just finishing up with Dave on my M1008. Keep us posted on pick up and - if you can condition of win after collection. I have seen 1-2 A4's on the east coast before and price point - if I recall correctly was higher - around $9000 so a win for a runner - in good shape at around $7000+ is sweet! Many thank!

peecook

Cool.... Got any advice on the electrical inside the box? I started a thread about it in the electrical section.

I ran an 30 amp RV plug from the side of the truck into the electrical box. If your is like mine, it was very easy to work with. I also put a generator underneath the truck so that people in the back can have ac, tv, and water as well as for camping. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

tomcata3

Russell,
Did you pick yours up yet? I got mine on wednesday, I drove it home no problems
Looks like the roof is starting to peel in a couple spots. I will have to seal it

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NO SH/T, I was bidding against you but stopped a little short of the winning bid. You should be happy with your recovery. I am happy for you. The 109 will make for an excellent cross country machine outfitted for camping and the like. Congrats.

Welder Sam

Ok. My 2¢… I am always curious about the auction prices. I like to think that when i read a thread like this that i can trust the op. Do i care how u spend ur money? Absolutely not. My interst in the price is purely to get an idea as to how much they sell for. When i purchase will i pay much more? Absolutely. Not important tho.
I dig ur truck. Not a huge fan of the a3/a4 group but still. I like it.

"Cant we all just get along?"made famous by Rodney King ages ago..

rwbrown72

Russell,
Did you pick yours up yet? I got mine on wednesday, I drove it home no problems
Looks like the roof is starting to peel in a couple spots. I will have to seal it
Getting it Friday. I got a guy with a RGN trailer out there to bring it to me. I should have it by Monday. :beer:

Ratch

I'm a bit envious. I was watching those from the opening bid to the end. I almost took the duece plunge with one of them, but figured they'd go far outside my affordable zone, and they did...
I have a pneumatic mast I would have installed in it. I probably would have turned it into a radio truck with a cot in the corner...

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of it being used, though. Nice buy!

Last edited: