• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working on motor, motor stopped turning!

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
Here is the HF coupon for the borescope. It appears to be current.
Only $69.99 with coupon 38904696
Let me know if you need me to mail you the coupon they mailed me.
Bruce
i got the HF one, $100 or less and it has a wireless screen that detaches so you can fasten the camera somewhere and then drive the vehicle to monitor. the lighted camera is very small.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The one I have(Milwaukee), dad and I have had for a long time. That is the one I was referring to.

Kinda sounds like I just went out and bought it, thats not the case.

gimpyrobb

Just found my micrometer tonight! The injector tips are .355 and in trying to measure the hole on the old head, I think its .365. It comes in at an angle, so I tried but am not sure I got it right.

I was offered a camera with an o-d of .390, so I guess I am still sol.

Jeepsinker

Have you tried stickin the camera down in there even with the head being too large? It may go down far enough to let you see what the problem is even if it won get into the cylinder. Just a thought.

gimpyrobb

I have. I've also thought about leaving everything hooked up and just pulling the head nuts to lift everything up. I should be able to peer in and see whats going on that way too.

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Loosen the head nuts and then turn it over slowly and see if the which head, if either, lifts up at the interference point. If they do not lift up it may not be a piston to head issue. If one lifts up at least you know where to go.

mahdey

Loosen the head nuts and then turn it over slowly and see if the which head, if either, lifts up at the interference point. If they do not lift up it may not be a piston to head issue. If one lifts up at least you know where to go.
This. Was there any machining done on the heads? What was protrusion? Where in Ohio are you located. I can bring my snap on borescop and dial indicator with me. I am leaving tomorrow Am From Ft. Knox to Lima, Ohio.

gimpyrobb

Thanks for the offer, but I will not be home tomorrow. Do you know what size the head on your scope is? I haven't found many small enough to work!

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
did you have someone hold the clutch in to see if it was the trans? did you remove the 3 bolts on the IP drive gear? is there a big hole in the side of the block that you didn't notice??

if all are no, you would know what 2 cylinders it could be by the position it stops turning. but in any case you know something is in there, just pull the heads, you can reuse the gaskets.

gimpyrobb

Everything is in neutral. I will mark the ip gear, loosen the bolts and make sure it turns, then the only thing left is motor.

gimpyrobb

My mechanic buddy let me borrow his provision 636, it fits with loads of room. I should know something tonight.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you've found a scope that will fit but I wonder if you could also remove the intake and go beside a open valve to get a scope in?