• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working on motor, motor stopped turning!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The viewer on the scope sucked, I couldn't see sh!t. I had to go out of town yesterday and when I got home today I decided to tear into it.

I was right! Pics later...

gimpyrobb

I'm just glad it didn't fall into the bowl of the piston and reek havoc when the motor started! I'm sure there would be piston damage and/or turbo damage.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good thing it was not bigger...

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stamped murphy spacer.

Reminds me of a story. Back in the 80s GM had a problem with bad cams in the small blocks. We had a "company" truck with a 305 and a bad cam. The folks in charge of said company said as long as it moved under it's own power, we had to drive it. The manager was not amused and decided he would help matters along. After 30 minutes at WOT, the little 305 would not give up the ghost. Not to be defeated by anything mechanical, said manager deposited a heaping fistful of low grade, muffler shop quality of 5/16 nuts through the carburetor at WOT. Our new shop truck arrived in less than a week.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

I got the heads back on tonight, gonna try to get the rest installed and try to get it running for Haspin this weekend.

goldneagle

Make sure you are not missing any nuts. :doghead: Note: Do not store/place any nuts, bolts or tools on the engine when working on it. That is why they made magnetic trays and saucers for.

rustystud

Sorry I didn't get back to you gimp. I've been neglecting my reading. I see you don't need the info anyway. By the way, you are one lucky son of a "dog" !!! I could just imagine that washer going through the turbo after taking out your exhaust valve !

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put it in there for all the grief.

(Just kidding, I'm sure it was a woman. At least it might have been a woman. He said it was.)