• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working on the M1078 LMTV

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally felt decent enough to go outside. We need to swap one of the tires that came on the truck just to drive it from Houston to San Antonio so I started prepping one of the used units I got at Premier Metals. I picked one of the wheels that had the CTIS protectors on it as I'll probably transfer them to the new tires. Unfortunately both wheels only had 3 of the 4 bolts but I don't think it'll be that big of a deal. They were obviously holding on that way and I doubt I'll ever be in an environment that it would be critical. It was amazing how easily they came off. The most time I spent was locating my RoboTool in my disorganized shop. And since they're leaning against the rear duals of the deuce it made more sense than powering up the air compressor and dragging a hose out to do it. Both protectors are in good shape and they obviously work as the CTIS hose was in much better shape (little UV damage) compared to the wheels that didn't have the protectors. I think that's enough reason to put them on the LMTV.

IMG_4119.jpgIMG_4120.jpgIMG_4121.jpg

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have attached the spec print sheet with contact info for the hubcaps. Maybe they would sell you one of the bolt/studs?
Juan, thanks for posting that. Unfortunately when I try opening it all I get is 2 pages of what looks like TV static. Not sure if it's just my computer or not. I can see it fine in your post just not get anything when I open it.

coachgeo

Juan, thanks for posting that. Unfortunately when I try opening it all I get is 2 pages of what looks like TV static. Not sure if it's just my computer or not. I can see it fine in your post just not get anything when I open it.
Maybe he fixed it since you posted but it opened fine for me. Not to assume anything; it is not a pic though; it must be opened with a PDF reader. Odds are you know that but we know what assume spells

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe he fixed it since you posted but it opened fine for me. Not to assume anything; it is not a pic though; it must be opened with a PDF reader. Odds are you know that but we know what assume spells
It's just me then. I've got a PDF reader and it's still TV static.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's just me then. I've got a PDF reader and it's still TV static.
I have that problem sometimes with my not so smart phone and I just use a different pdf viewer than the default app. Pm your email and I will be glad to send it to you. I am not familiar enough with the gremlins to remove the static....

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LMTV772 got it handled so I can read it fine. Not sure what the problem is since I'm using my desk top computer at the moment and haven't had any PDF issues in the past. Maybe it caught the virus I've been fighting the last week.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Independent Allison controller rebuilder said "look for problems with the transmission harness". That did not take long . . .

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Independent Allison controller rebuilder said "look for problems with the transmission harness". That did not take long . . .
But shouldn't you have found that the 1st day :)

Seriously, thanks for everything you've been doing. I'd probably still be kicking the tires in the driveway trying to figure out why it wouldn't start after I charged the batteries. (okay maybe I'm not that stupid but still doubt I would have diagnosed half what you've done so far)

Do you really think it'll be as simple as pinning the tail back on the donkey?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks