• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Would there be any interest in an all Stainless steel brake line kit for a deuce?

DieselBob

I agree... but if your deuce is a keeper (I hope mine is) the idea of not having to screw around with lines in the future is tempting.
This is a timely post. I was thinking the other day I wish someone made a replacement hardline set for the deuce. Just about to start a brake system inspection / hose replacement and flush. I would be interested. For my uses function over appearance (doesn't have to be original material) is important.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is everyone worried about with the 'original' aspect? put the lines on and paint them! They didn't come unpainted from the factory! I would love to replace mine, maybe not only sell the complete kit put piece by piece, that would be good. Start with the front and work your way back as you can afford it.

saddamsnightmare

May 11th, 2010.

When (or IF) I ever get back to work, I would be interested,depending on price, as my truck is a daily driver and the added safety of new brake lines would be grand.. Wish we could get him to engineer a split conversion kit for the master and airpack to convert to ESP standards (USAF type application). Anything to improve the reliability of the brakes is a plus, besides there are soooooo many deuces out there, and few will ever get past motorpool grade restorations...:???:

Thanks.:jumpin:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think there would be a pretty good market for the lines including the lines on the rockwells. I don't think you could tell they were aftermarket after they were painted.:beer:

Srjeeper

I'd be very interested in a set of hard and soft lines for my deuce.

She's a 'Parade/Show Queen' and if any judge wants to gig me for havin SS lines instead of steel than so be it.

It's my fat goin down the road in it not his, :driver: but might be his kin ridin in the car in front. :confused:

2cents

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Restores don't always frown on the disc brake converson for m37s, why should they care about stainless lines? It's all about upgrading the vehicle to be safer.

scootertrs

Guys, just dropped off a set of brake hoses at their shop to see if they are willing to make SS braided lines. They mentioned that they are not really interested in doing onesies or twosies... but would consider larger quantities. Next week I should know if and what their interest is. If anybody is interested in running with the deal, after they advise that they are interested, more power to them I will hook you guys up. All I can vouch for is that these guys have been making cylinders, brake lines and hoses for over 20 years, and I can personally attest to their quality of their work. I am not set up or interested in selling parts as a business. If somebody else is, great. I believe that they should be able to make the lines also. It is just a matter of it making sense (financial and headache wise). I will keep my fingers crossed... I would like my deuce fire truck and my 818 to be sporting braided SS lines.

Last edited:

ATC

I am also interested. Brakes are the one thing I really do NOT trust on these trucks. I get a little paranoid every time I come up on a stop sign or a red light...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks