• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WRECKER AIR VALVE 936a2

JARR Towing

I'm also losing air out of intake stack when parking brakes are set truck off. Very small leak but You can still hear it replacing all service and parking diaphragms today I'll update on the outcome

corvette9

I think thats a later mod. My M936A2 does not have that I have to manually throttle up. There are other threads discussing the auto throttle up feature though. Sorry cant be more help.
Will
My 936A2 is the same. Manual cable for throttle. It dose lock all the brakes when the PTO is engaged.

Csm Davis

Looks like I may have to do a video or write up on what the wreckers should do when engaged. I believe my 936A2 has everything hooked up properly. Will check next week.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rescue101

That would be AWESOME !! As I am still learning........Bought an electric grease gun for the 49 thousand grease fittings the rig has,it would be a LOT of hand squeezings..........

red

That would be AWESOME !! As I am still learning........Bought an electric grease gun for the 49 thousand grease fittings the rig has,it would be a LOT of hand squeezings..........
Went through 5 tubes of grease the first time servicing the grease fittings my m816, air or electric grease guns are a necessity with the wreckers haha

Kbussey

I have owned two m936 wreckers and both leaked air out of the breather while pto is engaged. Maybe someone can Shed some light on this, I am not sure what the valve does behind the cab that is actuated by the pto lever but if it’s disabled the air stops leaking out of the breather but the hydraulics are super slow. Can someone help explain this for me please?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have owned two m936 wreckers and both leaked air out of the breather while pto is engaged. Maybe someone can Shed some light on this, I am not sure what the valve does behind the cab that is actuated by the pto lever but if it’s disabled the air stops leaking out of the breather but the hydraulics are super slow. Can someone help explain this for me please?
They hydraulics should not be slow . Nothing can cut the flow rate of the pump with the transfer case pto running

@Csm Davis

Kbussey

They hydraulics should not be slow . Nothing can cut the flow rate of the pump with the transfer case pto running

@Csm Davis
Well that was my thoughts as well… it was weird I couldn’t explain it, but that’s what happened. I’m going to disconnect that valve in this one I have now and see if I get same results. Made me think there was a pressure switch somewhere or pressure valve inline of the hydraulics that restricted the flow on one of the retrofits done.

Kbussey

Well that was my thoughts as well… it was weird I couldn’t explain it, but that’s what happened. I’m going to disconnect that valve in this one I have now and see if I get same results. Made me think there was a pressure switch somewhere or pressure valve inline of the hydraulics that restricted the flow on one of the retrofits done.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Does your truck have the auto governor? When you engage the pto it idles up automatically go 1600 or do you have to manually set it?

Kbussey

Does your truck have the auto governor? When you engage the pto it idles up automatically go 1600 or do you have to manually set it?
I have to increase rpm manually. The other one was manual too. Both had the Break release below steering column as well

Csm Davis

I have to increase rpm manually. The other one was manual too. Both had the Break release below steering column as well
Your valve is not the problem, you need to fix the leak. It is probably in your brakes. If you auto idle control isn't working then you probably aren't setting the speed correctly to turn the pump fast enough, 1250 ram is minimum and the transmission should shift into 5th gear, I generally set mine at 14-1500 and use the accelerator pedal to go higher so the transmission shifts up into 5th.

Kbussey

Your valve is not the problem, you need to fix the leak. It is probably in your brakes. If you auto idle control isn't working then you probably aren't setting the speed correctly to turn the pump fast enough, 1250 ram is minimum and the transmission should shift into 5th gear, I generally set mine at 14-1500 and use the accelerator pedal to go higher so the transmission shifts up into 5th.
Mine doesn’t have auto idle up feature . Do you know what this valves function is in the picture ? I can not find anything about it. I’ve had two of these wreckers with the same problems .

Csm Davis

Mine doesn’t have auto idle up feature . Do you know what this valves function is in the picture ? I can not find anything about it. I’ve had two of these wreckers with the same problems .
Yes I understand that, that valve has a few functions, you are trying to take a short cut, stop. Fix the air leak first then you can check other things. Reread my post above it will cure your "slow" hydraulics. Also the air able control ram is not on the pump but under the floor on the M936 series of wreckers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks