• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WRECKER AIR VALVE 936a2

Kbussey

I read everything I didn’t see anything about why hydraulics are slow… that valve behind the cab appears to set the brakes it goes into the floorboard to the brake pedal or to that spring brake override switch. Air leak is more than likely to do with that interlock cylinder which has been disabled now along with disabling the auto front wheel engagement air valve when shifting into low gear. I’ll figure it out but I don’t need the interlock cylinder nor do I need auto throttle nor auto brake since the parking brake is already set when I am parked.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I read everything I didn’t see anything about why hydraulics are slow… that valve behind the cab appears to set the brakes it goes into the floorboard to the brake pedal or to that spring brake override switch. Air leak is more than likely to do with that interlock cylinder which has been disabled now along with disabling the auto front wheel engagement air valve when shifting into low gear. I’ll figure it out but I don’t need the interlock cylinder nor do I need auto throttle nor auto brake since the parking brake is already set when I am parked.
If you have an air leak, trying to find it with the truck running (to build air) is really difficult. With a separate compressor - house air or shop air - that you plug into the front of the truck will help. You plug the external air into the driver's side gladhand with another gladhand attached to your compressor.

I had a pin hole in the bottom of the air tank under the driver's step on my truck. I couldn't hear it. Couldn't feel it with my hand either. Never sprayed in the right spot with soapy water and a spray bottle - because I was expecting an air line leak.

With the truck off, it took just a few minutes to find the problem.

Maybe give that a try.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It was designed that way in case of a linear valve failure. The valve on the parking brake that dumps the air. It would still apply the brakes for operation. Then they added the self recovery bypass. Too many redundancies really.

Csm Davis

The wreckers are really the only trucks that need the transfer case inter lock!

KN6KXR

I would be inclined to stick a gauge on the system and see what the static hydraulic pressure is. I have no idea what the spec is. I've chased my tail on systems because of a piece of junk stuck in a relief valve. Besides that it's good to have a test point for adjustments. If you do find a spec on the pressures please post them up, as I have a new to me M936A2, and I'll do likewise.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I would be inclined to stick a gauge on the system and see what the static hydraulic pressure is. I have no idea what the spec is. I've chased my tail on systems because of a piece of junk stuck in a relief valve. Besides that it's good to have a test point for adjustments. If you do find a spec on the pressures please post them up, as I have a new to me M936A2, and I'll do likewise.
They are at 2200. Capable of 3200 but unless you swap all the hoses to fresh you will start blowing em

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks