• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman screwed the pooch

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I think I have most of the parts rounded up thanks the those similarly afflected folks who have offered to help out.

Freighttrain has a radiator and TWright (Tony) says he has most of the sheet metal.

I will document the proceedure as I go......pics will be posted of the guilty parties.

Mt Doom Field Owner

Well this was the weekend for making stupid mistakes... I backed over my 3rd step-ladder Sunday. Jumped in just as it was about to come a downpour... put her in reverse and backed up about 10 feet hearing just the slightest crunching sound... made the realization of what I'd again done and smacked my forehead with my palm. Got out to scrape up the now flat 6' folding ladder and the 3rd so far that I've done this to. Thank goodness I didn't invest in the more expensive entry ladders ladder.jpgbut I again find myself swearing that I will ALWAYS do a "walk-around" the truck before ever getting inside and driving it. It sucks being almost 60 years old!

Capt.Marion

Well this was the weekend for making stupid mistakes... I backed over my 3rd step-ladder Sunday. Jumped in just as it was about to come a downpour... put her in reverse and backed up about 10 feet hearing just the slightest crunching sound... made the realization of what I'd again done and smacked my forehead with my palm. Got out to scrape up the now flat 6' folding ladder and the 3rd so far that I've done this to. Thank goodness I didn't invest in the more expensive entry ladders View attachment 260294but I again find myself swearing that I will ALWAYS do a "walk-around" the truck before ever getting inside and driving it. It sucks being almost 60 years old!
Tape a sticky note to the steering wheel to remind yourself to do a walk-around. One day it won't be just a cheap step ladder.

Last edited:

Capt.Marion

Looks like you need a hood, radiator, and grill for sure. I would ask for help when doing the repair. I could barely pull out my own radiator.

On the bright side it's an opportunity for you to some PCMS. Adjusting the parking brake was one of the first repairs I did. It's so tight now you have to pull up on the handle hard.

Glad it did not run you or any one else over. Seems like there has been alot of accidents lately.
How hard was it to adjust your P-Brake? That's one thing that's currently at the top of my to-do list.

kastein

How hard was it to adjust your P-Brake? That's one thing that's currently at the top of my to-do list.
Pretty easy if the cable hasn't stretched too much and the shoes still have enough meat on em. You need 2 wrenches (forget what size, both SAE and both under 1") and maybe a pair of vise grips - find the parking brake on the rear output of the transfer case, loosen the smaller jam nut on the end of the cable, grab the cable shank with the vise grips, turn the larger nut till the shoes almost touch the drum, then snug the smaller jam nut down. If the cable has stretched a lot or the shoes are worn you might have to loosen the clamp holding the cable sheath down and slide it back.

There is also a bolt to adjust that sets the unengaged position of the outer shoe. Adjusting this properly should keep tension off the cable when it's not engaged and make it stretch less.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks