• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman's excellent adventure at Ted's Trucks

Csm Davis

because some felt the need to bash I am going to say this the price of anything is between the buyer and the seller and no one else. That said I have had only great dealings with Ted's

Srjeeper

Hey WM, now that ya got a 'Public Address System', just what are ya gonna say when you address the public..:?: :roll:

This outta be good...:twisted: ;-)

johnfrombeyond

Fixed my fuel line today, 2 trips to Ace Hardware, 2 to Federated Auto Parts, and a stop at a big truck shop, sitting here this evening drinking coffee and eating carrott cake and my wife says "are you gonna sit there eating carrott cake and looking at that stuff", yes ma'am I am, it appears there is a green heaven south of me.:-D

Preacherboy

So Ted seems like a pretty reputable character to those that have met him? My family truck, a 98 Suburban that I just got has an major engine problem and needs a 6.5. Ted has these "low miles" takeouts that he "stands behind" with over 200 sold this year and no complaints.

Just doing some due diligent checking, anyone know anything about these engines? He also offers 6.2's for $975 each. I talked to Margaret from there today, she was extremely helpful...

davidkroberts

Never met the man, so I dont know anything firsthand about him. What price is he giving on the 6.5 takeout and does it include the turbo setup

a 6.2 running takeout shouldnt be more than 400-600. we have them here for 300 and a running takeout is a running takeout. All military vehicles are low-mileage. Seems a bit expensive IMHO but it depends what kind of warrantee hes giving.

I havent seen many 6.5 takeouts but the new ones ive seen have been pricey. You could always mount a cheaper 6.2 L and throw the 6.5 turbo on it.

joeM62

My yard did look like some of that but I only had 8 trucks but got married and they all
went. Wonder if he still has the M62 wrecker and how much?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You didn't happen to get a picture of that chopper in the front yard?
I didn't get a picture of the bird....I think it is an old Russian one.

Fort Rucker (Army chopper training center) is close by and I suspect Ted got it from there.

The guy has the goodies. I think his prices are high but fair for some of the rare stuff he has.

3dAngus

Ever see that show on TV called "American Pickers"?

So many people have collected so many things over the years that they just hate to part with them, and can't bring themselves to part with them, unless they have 2 each.

Dothan will be on my list to stop at next time I head to Eglin for pickup. Gotta see this myself. Thanks!

jaxsof

For the uninformed, AKA me, what is the name of the vehicle in 006.jpg, in the thread lead? I saw some on the Ft. Lewis base when I went to pick up my trailer and thought... mmmm that would be neat to have to scare the neighbors...

Or just to have as a conversation piece, anyway...

It appears to be a first gen HEMTT, maybe an M977, but i dont see the spare-tire holder, should be rightbehind the A-Driver's door.

She is nice though. Might be a fixer if I had the time, space, $
:drool::cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks