• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM211 Recovery trip

AMGeneral

Went this weekend to pick up the M211 I purchased from Ferro some time back,I must say the trip went flawlessly,only 1 minor fuel leak on the M54( repaired easily).But I will let the pics speak for themselves.

The total trip miles add up to 290 with 52 gallons of fuel burned which equals 5.57 mpg.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you had a Multi or a Cummins, you wouldn't be leaking down the passenger side! Silly Macks!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hahahahaha!

Glad you made it ok, Brandon.

:beer:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saved? what did you think I was going to do, cut her up? sheesss... :cookoo:

Trust me, I would have kept her if I could, she's in excellent shape and Brandon got a great truck. I'm glad she'll be well taken care of.

AMGeneral

UPDATE!!!!!

Got the 211 running tonight,I have all foward and reverse gears in LOW range,but not HIGH,I gotta check the linkage tomorrow,hopefully that's all that's wrong with it.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: aua

Great job Brandon. That makes two trucks I've sold you that you got started in short order. I could have gotten double if they ran. Now I'll never sell anything without trying to get it running first!!!!

AMGeneral

Folks,I know this thread os old,I just had to post a few pics of the 211 after it's bath at work today,it made a 110% difference in it's looks.

Attachments

Last edited:

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oooooh! Nice truck. My M211 had the same hole cut in the side of the bed as well. Ex- fire department truck too. Keep us updated, but don't wait so long next time.

AMGeneral

Oooooh! Nice truck. My M211 had the same hole cut in the side of the bed as well. Ex- fire department truck too. Keep us updated, but don't wait so long next time.
Well,the update is it has till friday,then it's getting hauled to the scrapper,it's been in the classifieds several times,Ebay twice,craigslist and the local Iwanna,no takers.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you ever tried this? Get it rolling in low range and then shift to high with the truck in motion? My M135 does like yours sometimes and the unorthodox fix is what I described. It is a Godawful bang when the clutch pops loose.