• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

You paid what for a deuce

ctmustang

I just can't believe what some PEOPLE are willing to pay for a rust bucket out of Camp Lejuene N.C. I'm talking about the one that went for 1,770. I saw this truck there the other day and thought at most maybe 1,000. After seller fees and taxes and title you could have bought a descent truck from John Doe.
Probably one of the people that shop on EGAY and pay more than what you could buy it in the store for. WAKE UP!

dk8019

It location driven it seems. I just saw a M105 trailer go for over $400 in MO. It was the only one, and you had mulitiple bidders on it driving the price, whereas the M105s at Drexel went for their opening bids.

ctmustang

I know everyone can't preview befor bidding but I would sure try. trucks coming out of gl in N.C. lately are pittiful. Especially Lajeune. Don't think 1700 miles is accurate either. Haven't ever seen an engine or tranny or anything else look that dirty after 1700 miles. I hope the buyer has the best of luck with it.but yeah we need bigger amount of trucks so bidders get a better deal. Seems like N.C. gets left out of the good stuff and bigger sales. Just my thoughts.:twisted:

Crackerjax

I got my truck from John Winslow and its a Marine truck from Lejuene its in good shape just a little rust in the bed and a leaky front axle seat on the pass side that I need to fix I guess I got one of the better ones?

DieselBob

A 105 in Pa went for $441. Looked to be in nice shape with tarp and all but still seemed high to me. I can't figure $1300 + for a plain old MEP-003a that doesn't even come on a trailer. I guess I'm cheap.

Blood_of_Tyrants

At one time or another we have all overpaid for something. People look at us and think "Why did he/she buy that?" in their eyes we have overpaid also. Motorcycles, boats, guns & 1st marriages yeah, we overpay. (The divorce was PRICELESS!):wink:
Got my first M1 Garand for $400 from the CMP. The wife thought I was nuts for spending so much for a gun. Well, M1's are $600 now and they will run out one day.

emr

I have to say, it is up to the buyer , if he wanted said truck for what ever reason, he got the deal he was willing to pay for, I am taken back alot by this hobby sometimes, that all the things that are for sale should be for next to nothing, I personally believe every body is entitled to a profit, and a truck like above may have certain parts needed to complete a resto, and like he got em all in one place in one shot, does not seem like a bad thing to me...there are things I have purchased that I wanted and was willing to pay for to have em then, in my eyes that is money well spent, I also look for deals and like em when they come around at the right time too. just saying, it sounded like this guy was getting ranked on, I do not think that is right, just my opinion...Randy

markcos

never be chep with your self ,$1700 bucks is not to much for a 2 1/2 ton, if thats the one you want, or if you are trying to piss some one off at the time of biding:roll:

FormerNewMVGuy

Well the rusty rockets here in new jersey, seem to be hittin the 2k to 3k mark these days ! Any body who have seen these new jersey guard trucks know what im talking about.
I recently saw a very hammered m35a2 w/w go for 3600. and it was purchased buy one of the big dealers. I guess those Moracco contracts must be paying good.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Consider location also. If you have to spend twice as much just to get it home you might as well pay a little more for one closer.

That's why most of us in SC will pay close to 2k for a truck, so we don't have to haul one back 250+ miles. Fuel, time, and headaches (getting a day off work, possible breakdowns on the road) add up the dollars quick.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Consider location also. If you have to spend twice as much just to get it home you might as well pay a little more for one closer.
That adds a minimum of $300-$600 to what I'll bid on something close. Unfortunately unless it's at Ft Sam I'm going to have a minimum 2 day trip to pick anything up myself or pay the extra for transport.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks