• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Your truck gotta name??

Towman2277

I hope i'm not the only one who has given their truck a name. I plan on stenciling my trucks name on the cab after she is painted. Oh, and her name? "Hercules"! Rather fitting, eh?

tjcouch

In the last few months I have had some choice names for my truck . . . . but if I typed them here the PHP Code would change what I typed!

rizzo

I was thinking of calling my M543 "Stealth"
My M810 is the "Rino"
My M108 is called the little wrecker
My M109/35 is called the deuce

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My dear wife has seen fit to call the truck Percy!?!? I try not to name my vehicles...

Dennis

Last edited:

readyman

Been over a year now and haven't told my wife about the truck yet. :roll: But the final detail before bringing it home will be to letter her name on it... how could she turn a cold shoulder to her own namesake?... (Don't answer that)

But on the other hand if she decides to leave me I'll still end up with a 'Little Ruthie'. I'm gonna use the Connie Rod winch picture as a logo(under her name) to sweeten the offer(Yeah honey looks just like you). Small, on the air vent door.

Hugs and kisses or marching orders... it'll be one or the other.

Attachments

Opie

Folly - In architecture, a folly is an extravagant, useless, or fanciful building, or a building that appears to be something other than what it is.

The term comes from the fact that such structures have often been dubbed "[name of architect or builder]'s Folly", in the sense of foolishness or madness.

Follies are usually found in parks or large grounds of houses and stately homes; they may sometimes have been deliberately built to look partially in ruins. They were especially popular from the end of the 16th century to the 18th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folly

Key words being extravagant, useless, foolishness or madness, and most importantly partially in ruins.

Hence - "Opie's Folly" :wink:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No name but I'm gonna give it a slogan on the back tailgate...i'll save that for when I unveil it.

citizensoldier

The M37 is Oliveoil. Wife named it for the color and the oil she leaves on the garage floor. I have not named the others yet but we will see..She plans on making me a logo for the door and painting it this spring. Darn artist chick!

grey_ghost_03

As I sanded the truck prior to painting, I found under a few layers of paint the faint letters THE GENERAL across the front of the hood. So my truck is branded THE GENERAL in black letters across the hood....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks