• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Your truck gotta name??

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I am (for better or worse) one of those people that name vehicles.
I had a Ford F-250 that I raised from a pup that was named �Brutus Maximus�.
My 96 Freightliner was �Rachel Dee� and my last big rig, a 2002 Pete was �Jessica� (after an Allman Brothers Band Instrumental of the same name).
The old gasser wrecker I found was immediately dubbed �Old Yeller� due to it's paint job.
You can look back in the 5 ton archives and find pics of it.
My daily driver is a 2000 Ford Ranger known as the �Danger Ranger�.
I have a 70 Duster that will be known as �Quicksilver� when it is finished.
The 1960 International Travelette under the shed is known as the �Cornbinder� . My old lady refers to it �that pile of rust connected by some sheet metal�.

rizzo

wreckerman893 said:
I am (for better or worse) one of those people that name vehicles.
sometimes it is needed. The president of my mud club has 3 chevy pickups. 2 blue one white. So he can say the white truck, but what about the other 2? not imperative, but easier sometimes.
I have four 6x6's (thats all the mud people know them as). If I said M810 the mud people wouldn't know what I'm talking about. so oone has a name and the other 3 I try to use the same description all the time. ie "big wrecker", "little wrecker"

AMGeneral

My Deuce is the infamous "Oddball",my 816 wrecker is called "General Nuisance",and the 123 has recieved the tag"Big Iron".One of my M37s had "The Terminator"stenciled on it,(well before Arnold made the name famous),and the last M123 I brought home had"Bad Company"hand lettered on the hood.

texas-5-ton

SierraHotel said:
Puff the Magic Dragon...first draft logo to be painted on the sides of the engine access doors...WHEN I get a title and WHEN I paint it!
Above post reminded me of ...

"Do you like to puff the magic dragon Focker??? LOL

Off of the movie "Meet the Fockers"

devilman96

Diablo... but more commonly PIMFA!!!

I should have called it "wife"... It constantly pisses me off... Cost me a ton of money... Never gives me what I want... Is STUBBORN... High maintenance... Weeps far more than I care for and always in the wrong place at the wrong time... Still kinda turns me on at odd moments... and I keep it, feed it and love it for some reason I can not quite explaine...

Sounds like a marriage to me!

FreightTrain

Banned
I don't own a vehicle or have ever owned a vehicle except my first truck that I never named.Here is the line up.....

1981 Chevy Silverado SWB 350/350 Only un-named truck
1994 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually 7.3L factory Turbo IDI-White Lightnin since it is white and has a Lightning bolt typish pin strip
1983 Ford F150 I paid $300 for.....Engine and tranny were from an unknown 70s model car!-Named Rust Rocket! cause it looked like something outta yankee land!
1988 Ford F150 4x4 straight 6 auto-The Brick!
2000 Ford F250 V10 4x4 Auto(GAS GUZZLER FROM HE|| ) Millennium Falcon
1991 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually 7.3L Banks turbo USS Enterprise-NCC1701D
1990 Ford Tempo-Super Piece!
2006 Ford Ranger STX-Cousteau(Captian Jean-Luc Picards Personal Shuttle Craft)
1971 Jeep M35A2-Martyr Machine cause if those Rag heads wanna mess with me I will make them Martyrs before they wanted!
199something Ford thunderbird SC-Superchicken

Gee,You don't think I like Furds do ya!

FreightTrain

Banned
oh yea,forgot one.....

1990 Chevy Z24 bought for $50 with bad engine and dented fender,bougtht a 1991 wrecked with good engine for $50 and bought convertable with not much good except the fender for $25......Just called the Z.....16.3 quarter mile time bone stock the day after reassembly!

Jones

Call them names, but never name them.
The baby HEMTT may end up being "Coyote 2-6" ; from the original call sign scratched on the inside of the driver's door.

ida34

My F-350 is an old metalworking truck. The door still bears the name ------------ Steel Erection. I put tape over the company name to make sure I am not confused with a commercial truck but I leave the "Steel Erection" part visible. It is the Steel Erection truck to my kids and me.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jones said:
Call them names, but never name them.
The baby HEMTT may end up being "Coyote 2-6" ; from the original call sign scratched on the inside of the driver's door.
Hmm, I thought the baby HEMTT was Baby HEMTT?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks