• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Zeisshensoldt's road trip

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I posted a thread on oilburners in their 911 section cause I know of several folks on there with IDIs in that general area around Allentown and they are all good guys. So maybe they can help with some tools and other things. I also sent a PM to a guy that has a diesel shop about 30 miles from Allentown.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If he was from Texas, noone would question that picture. Or the guy in my avatar making off with the sheep!

shenkmen

Update

Zeisshensoldt found a shop which drained the bad diesel, put some fresh fuel in, swapped out the fule pump fuse, changed all filters and changed the oil.

The mech pointed out that since all of his tires were dry rotted and one was flat the truck is unsafe.

The truck currently has 30 days to nap at the shop while Z arranges to haul it to Florida.

Zeisshensoldt, make sure the brakes get a thorough, visual inspection and adjustment before you drive this thing again.

The horse is having a smoke.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow. All that probably cost more than the truck did originally.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shenkmen, thank you for the update.