• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Zout's Cookout

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well thanks you Sir Chaplin - BUT now you have to get SKYPE up and running just before Saturday - lets say around 12:50 so you can say the blessing for us - per new technology - just as good as being here.

Being the Chaplin and all - we're not showing you any pictures from that night - what happens in hunting camp stays in hunting camp.
Bless you, Brother Zout, and thank you for the invitation to invoke His blessing over the incinerated meats, various veggies and decadent desserts. Unfortunately, I am already committed to be part of a Ministry Gifts Class/Seminar at our church during the appointed time of your feast. Please feel free to carry on at that time without me.

I will sign up for and do the SKYPE thing as time permits. I've been meaning to try SKYPE for communicating with my grandsons anyway (ages 10 and 4 and more techie than me).

John

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Bless you, Brother Zout, and thank you for the invitation to invoke His blessing over the incinerated meats, various veggies and decadent desserts. Unfortunately, I am already committed to be part of a Ministry Gifts Class/Seminar at our church during the appointed time of your feast. Please feel free to carry on at that time without me.
I will sign up for and do the SKYPE thing as time permits. I've been meaning to try SKYPE for communicating with my grandsons anyway (ages 10 and 4 and more techie than me).John
Fine then!!! Looks me and Zout are gonna hafta say a prayer and give a short talk then!

I sure hope I can keep from saying $#@! and &^%)$!!

Well....you that know me....well know me.:roll:

zout

If anyone wishes to jump on Skype tonight to do a test run with multi folks - my contact is commanderwarp05.
Say 7:30 Ga time. Those first getting use to it - great time to play with it.

Waiting on a countdown from PB at this time :papabear:aua

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
ZERO DAZE and a wakeup for the FF and ONE day and a wakeup for the CO!!

CAMO Command unit fueled, packed and ready. Should pick up the t-shirts early afternoon. Shrimp on standby at the seafood place for pickup in the morning and breakfast stuff for Saturday morning will be loaded this afternoon.

BabyBear is on high alert as he has inspected preparations and has been told he is going to see "Uncle Dave" and his bowling ball is waiting.

All systems are a go and ETA is expected to be noon-ish tomorrow...then the fun begins!!:patracy::naner:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
THe M814 "Long Easy" is fueled, PMI'ed, and sitting on the launching pad, waiting for 0900 hours tomorrow. I should roll into Zout's LZ about 1140. Unload the stuff, get a quick nap, and go help Zout with whatever..........

I do have last years cookout tee shirts. 10.00 each, while supply lasts, and every dime goes to the fund for the Ga MV Bill supporters.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay skype alert!!! We are going to have a skype conference call open during the festivities. We can add people into a group call but will need your skype address. Pm to me and Zout and we will add you in to the call!! I anticipate a lot of activity around the munch feast on Saturday around 1-2:30 eastern
Is that 1-2:30 PM as in 13-00 - 14:30 or AM in the wee little hours just after midnight?

If the first, that would be my 19 PM (six hours different), the other would be waaayyy to early for me to get out of my bed.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Robo, about the same color as your Logo mobile. :D I will be remote so I look forward to meeting you on Skype. I think Swiss will be the moderator!

zout

PB posted up a pic a few posts back of the T shirts - BUT just have to tell you ROBO - just PM SWISS as we have you taken care of BRO. AMERICAN STYLE.

Got some more tarps put up tonight for shade and still need to bring out a couple fans Friday for some of ya - this is just the back yard part of it - there is lots more room than this.

Folks watching Skype that are lingering around and not saying nothing - PLEASE just feel free to jump on and watch - those that want to say anything - we'd love to hear from you to make you part of this all.

Staying up most of the night to marinate the meats for Sat - getting ready for friends pulling in tomorrow - looking forward to seeing NEIL again whom I talked to earlier this evening - it's just a big family and hope anyone anywhere can jump on SKYPE to join in - we'd love to see you. SO get your BBQ grill set up - be ready for a celebration no matter what time zone your in - just ask yourself one question - when was the last time you ever did this and had this much fun with your friends ?????

Please do not forget our friends down in LA having their rally and cookout as well -TIMTRUCKS - you folks rock down there BRO - looking forward to my t shirtDSCN0026.jpgDSCN0027.jpgDSCN0028.jpg That is my neighbor Ms Gwinn - who is from AL and was talking with WM - so please say HI to this sweetheart of a lady who is my neighbor if you see her.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Here's the bad news...we lost about 5 hours of prep time today due to mission requirements and a very busy day at work ( THANK GOD!!).

Gotta pickup the t-shirts, shrimp, breakfast stuff etc. in the morning so there is NO WAY we are gonna be at Zout's AO by noon. Still shooting for early afternoon though.[thumbzup]

sandcobra164

I'm cheating by taking my Trans Am for this trip but I should be there by 4 or 5 in the afternoon ready to work. Can't wait to see everyone. Perfect get together to shorten the span of the GA Rally get together. Does anyone know if anybody from Louisiana or anyone close to TimNTrucks is coming? I have a cable and lightbar that need a ride in his direction. If not, I'll give it to him in August in Columbus at the GT Gathering.

zout

I really don't have anything for folks to "work" on - its all done and ready.
House smells this morning with the aroma of Romano Cheese and cooking meatballs in sauce one of the squirrels and I made last night and just turned on the crockpot this morning - mmmm.

Had the other two squirrels marinating two big bags of chicken wings in a rub - have another for regular and another for BBQ sauce.
Have 6 big rib slabs to get into a rub this morning and get them soaking and back onto ice.

Have two large roasting chickens to get onto a whole nother type of rub.
Hamburgers don't get touched - just cooked.

And YES - even on our past 80 farm in Mich the Consumers Power transmission lines ran through the property. Also why I got a deal on this house - works out perfect.

Gotta go back and get some more stuff touched up for ya all - drive safe.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanx in advance for all the effort you are putting into this. I also see you managed to get the weatherman to cooperate for the festivities.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thanx in advance for all the effort you are putting into this. I also see you managed to get the weatherman to cooperate for the festivities.
I second that!! It takes a lot to put on this annual cookout and I sure appreciate it as this get together helps fill the gap til Veterans Day and the GA Rally.:beer:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the pictures I got this morning Ron and Dave are sitting around drinking coffee, they should be cleaning windows, trimming trees, somebody get over there and start supervising

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks