• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Zout's Cookout

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can taste the food already......even if it is fried Alpo..........................

andy3

Hey guys I am a Cub & Boy Scout leader and was asked if if some of the local MV community wanted to come out to support an event at the Gwinnett County Fair Grounds on the same day as Zout’s cook out. the event is from 10 to 4 but we can do whatever times we want. I was thinking being on station by 9:30 AM and doing a static display then doing a parade out at noon with convoy to Zouts for the cookout as he isn’t too far away. Attendance has been 2K to 5K in the past I am posting here and will create a second thread as I don’t want to completely hi-jack Zout’s thread.

Last edited:

zout

Heads up ATTENTION fellows - we have a call of support for CUB SCOUTS - it is a display of what fellow man can do for another.

Therefore - I am willing to HOLD the chow line till mid afternoon if ANYONE wants to go support the CUB SCOUTS for our fellow member - and then head down in convoy to the cookout - what a fantastic idea if ya ask me.
If your willing to GO SHOW YOUR WARES in support for another member lets get it posted up here - I can time whatever I need to do for food as long as I know whats happening - I take his offer as NO threat to a HIJACK of my thread - but I think its a cool offer to make a side stop - then head down to the cookout.

The cookout is nothing less than just a cookout and I would be HONORED by all means to make double use of this day in support of another members needs - I hear there are no less than around 5 THOUSAND people there - and what a way to show what we do and WHO we are and what we represent.

Lets gets some input from members here that are planning to come to the cookout that could help this member- I can work around any mission presented before me - lets get some input folks.

zout

Thanks Swiss - we need a REP at the area up there (its only about 10 miles NE of me anyhow) to set everyone up at the area - then a CONVOY in full military presentation to the cookout. It would also be great (as I will be here cooking for ya all) to represent all of us at the staging area and along with the Cub Scouts. Then in convoy down here.

I have PM'd the member already for just his group of Cub Scouts to come on down here and enjoy further participation at the cookout - I will just add more food to my menu is all and no big deal and this is getting me excited to help and grow new future members.

Come on folks - lets hear what you can do to help and your input please

poppop

This is a great idea and a worthy cause. A couple years ago I was asked to bring trucks to a regional Cubscout Rally when the real Military trucks promised could not make it because of a nation wide drill. I took the m813 and the M151 and the Kids had a ball. The leaders marched them down in troops and I let them crawl all over and in the vehicles. I even carried real helmets for them to try on and see how heavy they were. The LifeStar helicopter was there for a couple hours also. When we arrived we had trouble finding our spots and drove by the camping area and had to turn around. When we headed back out there were sharpshooters in the bushes firing on us with the toy rifles they had been issued along with toy helmets. It was a very rewarding day for me.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may have to shake the cobwebs out of the M814" Long Easy" for the ride over to Atlanta. HMMMMMMMM.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy we need info please were do we rally at.Time to be at rally point.

Last edited:

zout

Andy - post up the location of the Cub Scout meet area.

I will throw this out and anyone coming that wants some input into this it is more than welcome to see if we can make this work.

Pre-run before the cookout up there !
Meet at my DZ - then make a show/run up there !
Invite the over 5,000 cub scouts to the DZ for chow (NOT) :)

I'll be cooking for ya all anyhow - and folks will be bringing in their food item as well so this will have to be in consideration for those folks (do not want food sitting around at a fairground).

I am volunteering ANDY to take the helm on this one to make it run smoothly for all. Suggestion - we might be able to get a Gwinnett County LEO to run lead on convoy for up there and back. Unless ya all just meet there first and come down.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
GREAT idea about meeting at your LS then convoy up to the scout DZ, nothing like making a entrance. WITH this plan I can drop in on your LZ the night before for the pre cookout cookout.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would definitely be interested in supporting the Scouts. I think convoying from Zout's and back, would be great, or at least meeting up somewhere and convoying to the Scouts. The more in the convoy, the better.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I bring the M814, I will come up on Friday, so I can take my time. May even take US 278, so I can clog up middle Ga on the way over and back.......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks