• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Zout's Cookout

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
very funny guys, veeery funny. Ever having to ask your better half who hates phoning official people (stay-over from communist period :recovry4x4: ) to call these !@#@$#@@! customs and try get from them what is needed .... three times because they themselves cannot figure it out?

Strange thing is that some weeks earlier I got an order from Amazon without value on the outside and just three days ago a gift from our sister city from Iowa also without any description or without any visible customs involvement.

Probably Georgia is suspect here, maybe they thought it was the State in the former USSR :wink:.

PB, nothing in my email yet, also not in spam and auto-deleted. PM me your email address or send me a blank email (without attachments) so I can white-list your email address.

edit: I have to ask her because my Czech is not good enough for this kind of conversations.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
very funny guys, veeery funny. Ever having to ask your better half who hates phoning official people (stay-over from communist period :recovry4x4: ) to call these !@#@$#@@! customs and try get from them what is needed .... three times because they themselves cannot figure it out?
Strange thing is that some weeks earlier I got an order from Amazon without value on the outside and just three days ago a gift from our sister city from Iowa also without any description or without any visible customs involvement.
Probably Georgia is suspect here, maybe they thought it was the State in the former USSR :wink:.
PB, nothing in my email yet, also not in spam and auto-deleted. PM me your email address or send me a blank email (without attachments) so I can white-list your email address.
edit: I have to ask her because my Czech is not good enough for this kind of conversations.
OK, another email has been sent plus I'll have my lady at work resend the email/letter tomorrow.:shrugs:

The customs folks probably just don't want you dealing with the "Georgia Mafia"!!:rules:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I send things to Poland, also in the EU, they waive the customs duties on anything valued at less than 100 USD, as long as the value sounds reasonable. When the declared value is zero, they assume someone is trying to evade the taxes. Same thing when sent via one of the courier services (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.) - they all act as customs brokers and want additional fees when items cross borders (whether they are justified or not). The Postal Service may be maligned by many, but it gets the goods through when others pile on the fees for the same service and slower delivery times.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK Robo, the letter has been sent to the new email address you sent me by email (your nonprofit org).

Hopefully you will get it this time.:shrugs:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This t-shirt is getting a bigger problem than the bill itselfrofl

PB - the letter came through, looks great with the official stamp, very impressive:papabear:

So far so good ... BUT ... when opening your separate email, my email program took ages trying to open it and got stuck (PMail, normally extremely reliable). While waiting, I opened the SS site on this thread to comment on it, Firefox got stuck as well and the whole computer crashed with a short BSoD. Now any blue screen is enough to give me my first heart attack of the day, even before my coffee.

Restart, everything seems fine, but as precaution I deleted your email without trying to open it again.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Glad you got the letter ROBO. As far as the computer, I don't doubt you had troubles. When I'm trying to do something on a computer it frequently crashes because it can't figure out what I'm trying to do!:papabear:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I emailed in the letter, and got a reply that they had the T-Shirt lined up to be deported back already. An emergency block now has been sent out by Czech Post to try stopping the deportation, and get it back into the arrival area so they can process it and let it through.:doh: aua aua

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got it done, in time for the Bill 392 getting into effect.

My co-worker made the pics, we did not realize that in this light and background, the T-shirt and text are hard to see on an image, let alone a video.

M51A2-bill-392-04c_resize.jpg M51A2-bill-392-08c_resize.jpg M51A2-bill-392-10_resize.JPG

I had to make some new pics of the truck for the Veteran Registration papers to make it street legal here as well, so I maneuvered around a bit and taped that as well. Not sure how to embed a video from my webpage, so just follow the link

http://www.czechemigrationmuseum.com/392s.mp4

edit: when looking to my steering efforts through the windows, you can see the steering is still going too hard and problematic.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks