• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

$1.00 Dollar a gallon, Recycled ATF from the local 10 minute oil change

How many Deuce,Multi-Fuel owners will actually take the time to reclaim cheap fuel..?

• Total voters

spicergear

The discussion another time with auto tranny fluid was the friction inhibitors used and the effect they may have on the injection system. Seems to be a moot point now.

Islandguydon, yeah there are laws about what you can burn and blending licenses or other permits are the way they get you for those pennies...and you stay legal in their eyes.

panshark

don, I think you're kind of bent out of shape about road taxes, etc. due to the bureaucracy maybe being a bit thick in your neck of the woods. Have you ever thought about moving? Seems like there's plenty of places where the local government is content to have a happy populace! Might just mean a longer trip to pick up your ATF!:beer:

panshark

go where the guns are. If they let you keep your guns, the bureaucrats might not get their panties in a bunch about the chemical composition of your fuels.

Now having said that, I will advise against settling in areas that are hippie or yuppie magnets. Idaho and Wyoming, 2 of the most gun-friendly states (Anybody can carry concealed in WY) have an anomylous zone of anti-freedom that seems to have spawned out of the Jackson Hole area. If you want to build a house in a spud field, you've gotta pay big bucks to get an environmental study done of the site. If the findings are inconclusive, you still pay for the study, but you don't build. :roll:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Panshark, But No Thanks, I am 100% happy where I am located at. I would not want to live anywhere else in the world. Firearms are not my thing and I could care less if I have a gun or not. I have lived in Australia, The Vegas Valley, LA, Miami, US V.I., New Jersey and Detroit. I have been to every state except Alaska and have traveled the world. There is no spot on earth like my spot and I am not moving for anything.

We fight our battles with government bureaucracies where ever we go. Why change locations to fight a different bureaucracies in a different location. I finally am making headroom where I am at.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
anomylous zone of anti-freedom that seems to have spawned out of the Jackson Hole area.
Jackson Hole is a beautiful place (and I especially love Bubba's BBQ) but it is definitely Californicated. As far as ID I prefer the Moscow area myself, especially in the summer when all the students are gone.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Filter your own ATF

Went down to the local Oil Change place yesterday for another 110 gallons of ATF. Still $1.00 a gallon. I scored on a case of 5 micron fuel filters. They were a mis ship and the box was opened so I got all 18 for Dealer cost of $3.56 each. Tractor supply has the same brand and model number for $22.67 With that kind of markup I am going to rethink my next trip to T.S.

Manufacturers Number: 56606
Brand: Dutton-Lainson®
Used With Fuel Pump: Yes
Microns: 4 micron
Filter Width: 4 in.
Filter Length: 8-3/10 in.
Filter Height: 4 in.

Attachments

Last edited:

panshark

Don, you might be on to something here. With a little bit of legwork, a guy could become a dealer. Mark it up 50%, ship them (minimum order of 2) in a Medium-sized flat rate box (2 day shipping), and the consumer still only pays 50% of the going rate. Sounds like another deal that's ripe for the Steel Soldiers community![thumbzup]

dmetalmiki

Cost Zero

I picked up my 100 gallons of aqtf today..Free to collect! and I also run my F350 Abulance ( in fact..Everything cep't the DOG n KAT ! run on it!) on the mix..runs really nice.

joshs1ofakindxj

I'll be cutting a check to the people's commonwealth of Pennsylvania for $0.38/gal soon. The last thing I need is a headache like that.

I have two on-board M35 tanks and a jerry can so I figure I will pay for 115 gal to cover my self.

$43.70 is cheap insurance. I spend more money on beer and women.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up a good dual head filter system on e-pay for $30.00 + shipping. This is the same filter head for the BP road side fuel pumps. Gas and Diesel. This system comes with petcocks to insert in the bottom to relieve the filter of any water. I am adding this to the manifold system I am building for the ATF/UMO extraction system. Fuel Filter # 524846

I am really digging this ATF fuel source. I only hope more people will use this resource for their multi-fuel engines. I am looking into building a multi-fuel gen set I just have to get around the wet stacking, any ideas would be appreciated. There is also a mineral oil source coming up. More to come.

Attachments

Gunner0311

New times!

I never truly considered doing this before, but these are indeed new times we live
in. At $4.20/gallon where I live reclaiming alternative fuel is beginning to look like
a viable process.

I have 110 gallons of diesel stored, just in case the day comes I cannot buy it at the local refueling point.

Note: Also pondering different ways to obtain diesel if circumstances make the
trip to the local refueling point too dangerous....

aua

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gunner,

Your multi fuel loves ATF, at least mine does, keeps the injectors clean and trouble free. I think the BTU's given are slightly higher than diesel fuel. ATF adds some pep to the machine. Thats how I see it. I am expecting Diesel to hit $6.00 with in the next 6 months. IMHO, I think it's wise to get a few fuel pods, tanks, barrels and stock up on the cheap stuff thats readily available.

bkwudzhom

I have heard that ATF will burn in my CUCV I do have a local source.... Looking to tap into it now!!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just be careful with that filter setup you have Don. It appears to be zinc coated. Any acidic oils/liquids have a tendency to strip the zinc coating off. It will come off in flakes and pass through the injection system of the truck you're pumping into. Coating surfaces when under high pressure.

I use a cast iron filter block or household plastic water filters for this now after watching the zinc actually flake off a goldenrod filter setup with the clear housing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks