• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

$1.00 Dollar a gallon, Recycled ATF from the local 10 minute oil change

How many Deuce,Multi-Fuel owners will actually take the time to reclaim cheap fuel..?

• Total voters

caliber1

Need to get my filter system set up and running. Then talk to my neighbor at work, a small auto shop. Told me when he saw the deuce that I could have their oil. Time will tell. How's things Don?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm good, just got off the phone with oddball. He sure likes to screw with people. I would go to epay for some great deals on filter racks and pumps for your system. I will post pics of the system I am building at the moment to share with you all.

Caliber1,
Keep the wind at your back and the wolfs off your tail. See ya in GA in October..k

IGD

caliber1

Bought a used bio=diesel system from a friends son-in-law for$100. Had 2 drum pumps, a funnel bottomed drum with an electric pump, an couple of filters, one of which I broke loading:cool:, a full drum of bio, and a full drum of WVO. Then got two 275 gallon totes from a friend for $0 for storage tanks, one each for WVO and WMO. Now am thinking about another for ATF. Oh yeah, an immersion heater to cook the water off too.

Not sure I'll make it to Georgia this year, got some things to get ironed out before then.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds to me your covered. Post some pics when you set it all up.

BTW, hope you have a good way to move those heavy tanks around..!

Scooteerr

:nopics:

Sorry.... Just had to
rofl

On a second note... Which filters do you suggest... Canister, bags, filter/housings.... I'm leaning toward bags, since dudadiesel is just down the road.. Does anyone that's used bags have any suggestions?.....

Subscribed

joshs1ofakindxj

I'm happy with bags from Dudadiesel.

Search for pics of my set-up.

I need to get cooking again. My 2 50 gal truck tanks are empty and I have about 500 gal of oil waiting to be filtered.

mikey

I voted that I would not waste my time. But my vote is not about using WMO, it's about paying for it. I get mine for free.

Mikey

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like Blind Driver is covered as well. SWEET set up man.[thumbzup]

How does that centrifuge work out for ya..?

Can you explain how your system is set up..?:popcorn:

Blind Driver

Looks like Blind Driver is covered as well. SWEET set up man.[thumbzup]

How does that centrifuge work out for ya..?

Can you explain how your system is set up..?:popcorn:
The 'fuge works perfectly. I filter 100% wmo. After I fill each 55 gallon drum, I clean the bowl using 1 cup of RUG. I just add it to the bowl and swish it around, then it all falls into my waste bucket that goes to O'Reilley's :whistle:

The IBC totes are for settling and storage. I drain off a bit several times a day.
I also have a flat bottom settling tank for the gooey stuff. I use 10% RUG to help it all the gooey stuff down.

It's really easy. I think I have about $2500 into my set up, but I save at least $75 a week in fuel costs. My '93 F350 with the 7.3 IDI love a mix of 80%wmo and 20%K1. It smokes and smells horrible with any RUG in the mix.

The only problem is my factory filter. It's not big enough and is getting too much pressure that it's seeping past the o-ring the between my fuel filter and water separator. I bought a Wix filter head and a larger filter filter that looks to have twice the surface media as the old filter. I will also add a heat plate exchanger to help thin down the mix and will also help in the winter time.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Used Oil is becoming a huge problem in our society. Waste Oil is a problem that we all can take part in resolving. Refining Oil into diesel is a great way to give back to the community. Oil recycling, by using our new system, can generate usable diesel that many people still need and consume. We have been working on this ever-growing issue and have finally come up with a solution so we all can help recycle oil.

The price of diesel is not getting cheaper and the alternatives are cropping up all over. Biodiesel and filtering waste motor oil along with others are becoming more and more popular. Because the diesel engine was basically designed to run on peanut oil there are a lot of optional fuel possibilities.
This falls into the class of alternative fuel but it's not like any of the above.

Our system is a separate heat and fuel generating refinery. It is a stand alone unit that will generate enough heat to warm a large area and generate 5 to 8 gallons per hr of usable diesel. There is no waste and it uses it's own oil to operate. It requires 110 power to run.

It uses waste motor oil, transmission fluid, rear axle fluid, hydraulic oil or any petroleum liquid to create heat and diesel. The end product will work in most diesel engines and produce less smoke and less noise than regular diesel fuel.

Waste Oil Diesel has created a way to convert old used motor oil into usable diesel fuel. With our system you can add efficiency to your fleet and save money.

DEVILDOC

Just worked out a agreement on ATF, from the local college, when they do a fluid change with the machine they put 20 new quarts in it and then hook it up to the transmission lines and begin the process once the machine is empty of new and the return tank is full of old it's done. With that being said I get ALL of the ATF. Today picked up 200 quarts just today.....clean lite reddish in color.
My question what's the next step on filtering it.:deadhorse:Before putting in my tanks
Thanks
Jeremy

1954 Belair 2dr with 427 SBC with Blower 12 psi
1962 m35a2 w/ winch

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 1st stage is in a 180 gallon filtered transfer tank. When I get a full load of atf its pre filtered before going into the transfer tank. The filter on the pump is a 10 micron. I reset the fuel pump meter to all 000's then place the nozzle in the fill cap. I let pump run until I get to 800+ on the meter. This way the atf has been filtered 4 times. Then I dump this into a 1000 gallon tank. The filter off that pump going to fill the truck is a dual 2 micron with water separator. This system is good for both waste oil and atf.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up more ATF today..!

I really like the pick up system I came up with. The red pump on the blue 55 gallon barrels is pumping into the transfer tank on the back of the A3. Its a 12v standard gasoline / diesel fuel pump with a 10 micron filter.

The transfer tank on the A3 has a 12v pump with another 2 micron filter, I pump the ATF from the transfer tank into a above ground stationary tank which filters it 3 more times before It goes into the Deuce. $1.00 a gallon still the best deal around, WHOA..!

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally got around to mounting a 308 gallon fuel tank in the back of the A3. I bolted with oversize washers and double nutted the bolts through the bottom. Grade # 8. I mounted the fuel pump on the back and bolted it the same way. I still have to plumb it with a 3 way ball valve for the direction of the fluid going in and out. I still have to paint the tank, but thats the easy part.

I then installed the aluminum bows and matching camo cover. This is my new ATF, UMO, Mineral oil pick up vehicle. The 308 gallon tank is 4 times bigger than my current transfer tank so I will make less trips.

Attachments

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you live in Washington State this PDF is a good source for free oil. The PDF has the address and locations for the collection centers.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remounted Fuel tank and Fuel seperator/pump.

At first I was happy the tank and the fuel separator fit in the box with the tailgate closed. Then I was rethinking the whole thing.

I took a good look at the 308 gallon fuel tank. Originally there was a Cat 250Kw generator mounted to the fuel tank. The tank was the base. The actual tank is a double wall baffled tank with 38.5" extra frame built onto it to support the generator.

I cut off the left side 38 1/2" and I had only 1" to spare getting the tank in the box horizontal up against the back wall of the Deuce bed. The tank is mounted through the bed. I used 2" angle iron with grade 8 nuts, bolts and washers. I then slid the fuel system 6" from the tank and secured it the same way.

Now I have an extra 7' of usable space for anything to haul. This weekend I am going to plumb it in and go get my first load of free fuel with the new system.

Attachments