• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2008 Florida Steel Soldiers Rally Feb 21-24th

alphadeltaromeo

Gun...you need an MV that can go off road...that way you can really enjoy it. Not saying they can't be enjoyed by lookin' at them, but driving them off the beaten path is where it's at...at a rally :driver:

vinny-socom1

D'man,
I'm talking with a guy down in Lakeland that sells Poly water tanks if I can work out the funds I should be able to get a 500-750 gal water tank to put in the back of a M105 trailer. He says they are approved for drinking water so that should cover alot drinking water. I'm also checking into a portable shower set up too, so it won't be so primitive.. Vinny

greybird

DM, Yes we are planning to be there, and very much looking forward to it. I guess the word got around about how much fun we had last year. Looks like quyite a turnout for this year! Let me know what I can help with

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, I can probably score another 275 gallon tote from the FD. They had foam in them so I doubt that I'd drink out of it but the water would be good for showering and dishes and the like.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovry4x4 said:
Mike, I can probably score another 275 gallon tote from the FD. They had foam in them so I doubt that I'd drink out of it but the water would be good for showering and dishes and the like.
Why not add a pressure washer too, after a mud bath, the trucks may need a cleaning before hitting the road.....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn, that's proably a good idea. Now if I could just find a pressure washer! Now I know you've been a little sidetracked reverse engineering the 757 but are you ever going to fix the deuce so you can come out and play?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovry4x4 said:
Bjorn, that's proably a good idea. Now if I could just find a pressure washer! Now I know you've been a little sidetracked reverse engineering the 757 but are you ever going to fix the deuce so you can come out and play?
"A little sidetracked" may be the understatement of the day. :)

At the moment, it's a toss-up between the 8x8 and the 6x6 for a trip South next year.

ajg6989

I might be able to come up there on some weekend and help out. Also I checked your website, Im looking for the hood hold down hooks on the side and also on top of the hood. Do you have any and how much?

devilman96

I have them avaliable to me but I refuse to sell them due to the quality of them.

I am looking for a source for the stainless jeep hooks but have not found a supplier to date that agrees with me price wise.

I suggest buying a set of them for a jeep in SS and painting them, any mil spec or NOS type will need to be painted to match your truck anyways.

if that's not suitable PM Ace and see if he has any or I recommend white owl as they are usually the better bet price wise.

devilman96

Just a bump for the thread... I was up working on the property last weekend and will be back up in 2 weeks to do much of the same things again... Lots of mowing, clearing, and eventually some back hoe'ing (we WILL see some very stuck Pinz and Mog owners this year).

I believe we have also worked out a few miles worth of trail ride... More to come on that in the next few weeks.

I have been asked about advanced payment by several people and have set up tickets for the event in the store which can be purchased here… http://odiron.com/store/index.php?cPath=41&osCsid=84c3a79af0f1efd6c1511ce79989e2cf

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Guess I will have to plan on 2009 since I don't get out of Korea till mid June 2008 at the earliest. I know you all will have a great time and I hope you take a post lots of pictures of this event.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks