• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Florida Steel Soldiers Rally - February 19th-21st!

dc3coyote

I am on it. Do they allow 4wheeling? I did not see any mention on the website.
Oh I will be free next weekend to come up and work on the 818..

vinny-socom1

Thats were the Florida Land Rover club does there Rally so you can go to FLR club website and see pics.

Next weekend sounds good just let me know for sure!!

Vinny

SixSpeed

Banned
I am on it. Do they allow 4wheeling? I did not see any mention on the website.
Oh I will be free next weekend to come up and work on the 818..
Sertoma is just a place to camp. No on-site wheeling. Just use Richloam down the road.

We'll see what Mike says about where to "host" it.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had planned on bringing one of the MKT griddles, and if poppop is bringing grits, I'll bring a 15 gallon pot to cook em in. We could make grits casserole for breakfast with the addition of cheese and summer sausage - it would keep most tummies from growling all morning long!

Pinz25086

Sertoma Youth Ranch is a great place to camp and has hot showers. Richloam is very close. I have camped there many times and the money goes to a good cause. I have camped at Richloam and there are no facilities but it is still a nice campground.

I am fine with what ever happens. I am only 45 min away from the site that we have been using and would be fine coming out to do what ever needs to be done. I can be there most weekends before to help mow, set up ect.

Vinny, I am an hour from Ocala and if it ever warms up (snow at my house yesterday!!), I can come up and help get the truck ready. Call me and let me know what you need and when you want to do it. 407-832-2173

I will be glad to cook again if needed and know where Cliff lives so I can get the grill if he will let us use it again.

We really need to make sure that this happens this year. I live at the bottom of the Ocala forest and there are plenty of places to camp near by. If we need to move the rally I can help find us lots of places to go camp and drive around in the woods.

Wayne

bubba_got_you

[FONT=&quot]Ummm did we kind of jump the gun here? We have dates but no place. My vote it to push it back a bit (not to long but long enough to get it set up right) this way we will have time to get everything arranged. Id rather wait a few more weeks and go to a rally that is not stressful because of quick planning than go to one now and have no clue how things are going to happen. That’s just my opinion [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
My only point is we are just weeks from the rally dates as they are now and we still don’t know what we are going to cook or who is going to cook it. [/FONT]

Last edited:

bubba_got_you

I think everyone just needs to relax.
My sediments exactly.
[FONT=&quot]But to relax we need more definites and less maybes and as it is now we have a deadline in 4 weeks and that is just stressful to everyone so if we are going to stick with those dates then we need to set: where we are going, what we are eating, who is cooking it. How it will be cooked, a price for the event, we need a head count, and we need to get the food, get the tents, and get the sight set up. That’s too much to set in 2 weeks. I say 2 weeks because we still need time to sell the tickets and buy the food all of witch takes TIME that’s why Mike plans the rally 5 MONTHS in advance. We have 4 weeks. Just something to think about. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Im not trying to rain on a parade but im a realist and I don’t see a GOOD rally being set in 4 weeks. [/FONT][FONT=&quot] ;-) [/FONT]

SixSpeed

Banned
(Stop saying 4 weeks please, we have over 5).

Well we kind of had most things planned. For whatever reason most people popped in this thread and started throwing variables all over the place that had already been decided, I don't know why. Its more than slightly annoying though.

We were planning on a little more simple rally this year. Since the person who normally plans couldn't, we decided that SOME rally was better than NONE.

A few notes:

1.) Sertoma Youth Ranch doesn't have any opening in February or March. At least not that their event coordinator was aware of, I am waiting for a call back to confirm.

(...to be continuted, must get to class)

lavarok

We were planning on a little more simple rally this year. Since the person who normally plans couldn't, we decided that SOME rally was better than NONE.
Who is "We"? When this thread was started, I assumed Mike was hosting the rally once again. I think most members not included in the "we" probably assumed the same thing. I agree with Bubba_got_you. If "WE" (not We or we) as a FL collective need to find and plan for a rally not hosted by Mike, then so be it. However, lets plan it out right and not just throw it together half a**ed. I also think we need people to volunteer to organize it and if there are competing entries, "WE" ( the FL/SS collective ) vote.

SixSpeed

Banned
Who is "We"? When this thread was started, I assumed Mike was hosting the rally once again. I think most members not included in the "we" probably assumed the same thing. I agree with Bubba_got_you. If "WE" (not We or we) as a FL collective need to find and plan for a rally not hosted by Mike, then so be it. However, lets plan it out right and not just throw it together half a**ed. I also think we need people to volunteer to organize it and if there are competing entries, "WE" ( the FL/SS collective ) vote.
I don't know why everyone is so **** confused.

Branan (DC3Coyote) has been talking with Mike. Since Mike doesn't have the time to do it this year, Branan offered to do it. And I offered to help Branan, at least with getting it posted and getting the word out.

I posted up all of the information for the rally, then everyone proceeds to argue about it. Why I do not know, one person said something, then it kind of snowballed.

lavarok

I don't know why everyone is so **** confused.
Maybe I missed something, but is the location sorted out? I think that is what started the confusion and from there it snowballed seeing as the other details are also "TBD".

Without some concrete details ( place being most important ) and being so close to the proposed event dates, I think the announcement of a "rally" was premature.

SixSpeed

Banned
Maybe I missed something, but is the location sorted out? I think that is what started the confusion and from there it snowballed seeing as the other details are also "TBD".

Without some concrete details ( place being most important ) and being so close to the proposed event dates, I think the announcement of a "rally" was premature.
Location has been on post #1 since the beginning. Maybe I should make it more noticeable?

lavarok

Location has been on post #1 since the beginning. Maybe I should make it more noticeable?

Well the speculation that the site was not sorted started in this post:

Yes I have been talking to Mike when I can get him on the phone.
I plan to keep get and keep his attention for at least a few minutes this week.
If the rally at his dads place falls through, we have plans for a mini rally at Richloam managment area. I know of enough trails (Duece friendly) for several days of riding.

And then continued with:

Sertoma is just a place to camp. No on-site wheeling. Just use Richloam down the road.

We'll see what Mike says about where to "host" it.
SO: Is your location still available or are you guys still looking for a place? Clarification is needed since these subsequent posts contradict post #1.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jack,
There are still five TBD's on the first post, and one 'work in progress'. That is what is upsetting to many of the folks that are posting. Get some details filled in on that first post and the confusion will abate!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks