• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Florida Steel Soldiers Rally - February 19th-21st!

SixSpeed

Banned
And then continued with:
AH! So Its Branan's fault. :p I see where the confusion came from. I believe he was just saying "worst case". But we are about to lock down the location for sure.

Jack,
There are still five TBD's on the first post, and one 'work in progress'. That is what is upsetting to many of the folks that are posting. Get some details filled in on that first post and the confusion will abate!
Alright Alright *scrambles papers*

devilman96

*ugh*... Enough already...

Yes I have been debating on canceling... I think few here can fully appreciate why but after you deal with the FBI and ATF simply over a rally and SS you will understand. At no fault of my own I was named the SS grand Puba and ring leader of you crazy tin foil hat wearing types. My life's been **** for that and several other reasons.

Here is the deal... I talked to the girls and we decided as a family that we can do this... Money wise we all agreed that things have to even out this time around... So some changes!

We are going to put a 100 person limit on attendance. This is both for food purchasing and the simple fact that after last year it became very obvious unless I want to make this a part time job for myself and several others it just needs to be only so big.

Tickets will be ADVANCED SALE ONLY... I'll get Marie to set it up in the next few days for purchase... Please do not show up at the even with Joe and Fred wanting to get in with out tickets, I'm moody, some of the volunteers are even moodier... they will be sent home, sorry!

Tickets will be 75$ each... That will include meals for the weekend... Sorry but over the past 4 years of doing this I have personally fronted the load of the loss and been happy to do so. Things are much tighter this year and I think everyone can hopefully understand that. Kids 12 and under will still be free... No couples passes! We tried that and there are just some people whom cant play by the rules!

A few people have asked about volunteering for the event in order to come for free... Look... there is no profit here... Ether I pay for your ticket or you do... If you want to help great... If you want to hold a little BYOF event because $75 is just to much for food and camping over 3.5 days... Have at it.

Cliff again bailed... Prior obligations to a catering event... I am renting a smoker / grill combo for the week and am working with Walter on cooking details... More or less it's up to him, being that he's willing I'm not going to tell him what or how to do things... I know he will need help and he or I will post more details... Nothing "food wise" will get skimped upon!!!

Otherwise... Blame Kenny for anything I forgot...

JamesM

I hope to be there.

As far as renting a smoker goes...how big a one are you loking for? I have one that I can bring if you wold like...maybe as a second one or whatever. Let me know, I am happy to do so.

Hope to see you all there!

---James

Green_gator

I sent Mike a proposal for the weekend menu just now. If anyone has specific ideas for what they would like to have or not have let me know and we can try to please as many as possible. I can speak for myself only, but we will need to have some folks willing to help with the cooking, clean up and prep to make the meals something that are successful and do not consume the entire rally for only one or two folks. I have scheduled the week off and plan to get there early and start doing what I can to prep. I believe that the previous rally restrictions on Chilli Mac and other bean related food items will stand for this year. Hopefully we will not have any below freezing nights this year. One priority for me is COFFEE in the morning and plenty of SWEET tea during the day.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Count the wife and I in, and I would have my tickets right now but I can't open OD iron from my government computer!

Mike, I could tow your MKT down with the m818 or the m109, Angie wants to drive one and me the other, so we are bringing both.

Green_gator

More cooks and more cooking equipment! I would love to get a chance to work on an MKT. That will make it even tougher to not buy one. I keep resisting buying as they are always on the other side of the country.

vinny-socom1

sorry I was putting my kids to bed and forgot the phone was on.. looks like rain on Sat. so I will call Brannan in the morning and see what the plan is, I'm still good for Sunday if we can do it.

Vinny
2010 FL Rally ticket purchased have you got yours??

bubba_got_you

sorry I was putting my kids to bed and forgot the phone was on.. looks like rain on Sat. so I will call Brannan in the morning and see what the plan is, I'm still good for Sunday if we can do it.

Vinny
2010 FL Rally ticket purchased have you got yours??
if i wasn't trying to get my truck back together i would hitch a ride with Brannan and give you a hand. :roll:

Russ

I'm planning on coming. Going to verify my son's school/athletic schedule and buy for me or both. Looking forward to it! I'll be there with the trap launchers.

FM5332FF

I will still be going to the rally, But I sold my Bobbed deuce, Vinny talked me into getting a 5ton, So I see a 5ton in my near future with 16.00's :twisted: Im trying to get the 2nd 12 off of work tomorrow so I can head up there vinny.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks