• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 PNW Mini - Rally

wsucougarx

Hi Scott, did you and Dan venture to Tenino today and bring back something? I may be able to come out in a couple weeks on the 27th if my schedule doesn't change. I'd like to take a look stop by and take a look at your truck:) Let me know

AN/ARC186

Oh Yeah, Scott's new 103 trailer accessory drove in today.Drove to Cecils, looked her over but good, did full tests and checks added about 15 gals of fuel and away he went. Short trip to gas station for more diesel, checked the hubs for temp, and Onward Ho!
I have never seen anyone smile as much as he was, it was raining, he had a ripped cab cover, wipers sucked, but you'd think he was driving a Ferrari with some supermodel next to him by the look on his face.
it was....well.....disturbing!!
Going to set up better lighting in the barn for him this weekend so he can work whenever he wants. I have a feeling he'd work by chemlight if he had to, he's pretty excited.

wsucougarx

Outstanding.[thumbzup] I am glad everything worked out on his maiden voyage:driver:. Dan I'm thinking you're probably going to need to do an add-on to your shop. I have a feeling Scott's moving in so he can maximize his wrenching:wink:

srodocker

HOLA! long post incoming!

wow what a long week...in a good way. OT all week...but it didnt matter since i was so excited to pick up my truck on friday. So the plan was to meet at dans at 7. well i got off at 4 got home at about 445...got to bed at 5...woke up at 6 and got to dans. 1hr of sleep.

got to cecils house and dan helped with batt box and started to crank. after calling her beautiful, sayings shes a good girl, she had some nice curves...she fired off!

dan gave me some quick tips and off we go! well passenger side wiper moter is out, and well, the driving side works yet it is like useing a wet peice of carboard to wipe the window. got to the gas station and parked her. Well lets just say i put on a show how not to pull out of a gas stall. because of my inexperience with the lack of power steering and standard transmisson people just watched as dan smiled and directed me around some vehicles hahahahahahahaha

weather got clear as we left the gas station and was smooth driving all the way up! well there are 2 side stories....

So as im still getting used to figure out the rpms to shift on from a rolling stop and such i shifted into 5th instead of 2nd and bogged it down really bad...seeing as i was in the middle of the intersection and put it in second and droped the clutch. the deuce now looked liked it was apart of fast and the furious movie as the tailend swung around skipping all 8 wheels...what a adventure!

so the second story and the favorite of the 2....while in the little town next to yelm or it was yelm not sure its just pass the reservation lots of street lights and other cars and people. three ladies decided that she wanted to use the law pedestrians have right away or something im not to sure...i think she just had a LACK OF BRAINS...*zombie???* anywho she walked in front of me as she stared at me acting like i had to stop right then. well i did but not after a few mumbled choice words....and maybe a flat spot. :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

will post pics when i get home as im at a buddys watching them play poker since i was out maybe 5th hand :(

MIKE want to plan to go to dans on the 27th? you bringing up your deuce? maybe we can go somewhere to eat? maybe a unoffical mini convoy to somewhere to eat? no wrenching just driving :)

oh yea im going to be at dans on monday with a buddy to go for a little drive :)

wsucougarx

Sounds like you had a great day Scott. I am glad you finally got your chariot where you want it. I'm sure you were called her some good names when she didn't fire right up;-). I probably won't be bringing my truck up on the 27th...sorry. I still need to see what my schedule bears. My wife was talking about heading up north on Saturday but I'll keep you posted. Need to find a SIG P226 for her. What kind of turbo did you end up having? Did she whistle for you? Did you have any brake leaks?

Last edited:

srodocker

ooo shes definatly a whistler...a good one at that :lol:

no brake leaks what so ever...after a week of sitting before i picked her up nothing leaked and i'll get a report on monday.

be back in 15mins. going home now so pics will be up

srodocker

so from last post.
1. at the owners when we arrived. *didnt get more pics cause of pouring rain*
2. at the gas station checking fluids and making sure the coolant is good and nothing leaking. everything was a-o-k
3-7. arrived at dans house :)
8. me and truck :)
9. both my trucks
10. my trailer :)

next two pics is one of me and dans deuce in the background and then one of me in the cab as dan was filling up the air as i forgot to check my ebrake and well i drove with it on and now it isnt holding...so i had to hold the brakes. and the wheel chock is in the middle of the bed heheh.

Attachments

srodocker

Dan said we can have it his place and delta says she has tons of mudd spots. im trying to coordinate it with dans wife who is in iraq and is going to have 2 weeks leave in april. not sure on dates. i'll ask dan saturday if he doesnt chime in :)

Hammer

Come on guys, Saturdays are difficult for me to swing!
Sundays are much easier for me to work around, when I am not traveling south a few hundred miles....

AaronW

A Sunday is fine by me! I'd be in for any weekend day. I frequently have a full weekend of work come up with little to no warning.

These common scheduling issues are exactly why Mike and I tried to give 7 months warning/prep time for the July Convoy! It's always hard to nail down a date when so many of us have conflicts.

Last edited: