• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 PNW Mini - Rally

srodocker

All these pics except for 1 were taken by my 11yo brother :cookoo: he was on camera duty :) i'll be editing my posts for brief descriptions if available

Attachments

srodocker

lots of pics..think i have 3 more posts worth...anyways most of the pictures are from brads place :) :) :) :) did anyone have a total count of vehicles we had? and the hemtt counts as 2 maybe 3...

Attachments

wsucougarx

Wow, there are vehicles I didn't know existed on Brad's property. Hmmm, been there at least 12 times and never noticed them. Suppose I better make arrangements to head back out there:grin:

srodocker

my brother took pics of vehicles i didnt even see! my bro may be good :) he defiantly wanted a ride tho and i was to busy oooing and ahhhing

Attachments

srodocker

pics are still of brads place! maybe the 3hrs we were there he was bored and took some...i've already deleted TONS of pics he was all over the trucks taking from every angle hehehe i see i missed one of a steering wheel hahah

and he did say the blue and white cobra was for sale not sure on the red one....

Attachments

srodocker

starting to get pics of brads place...we should have got a shot with people and their vehicles...we need to start making a list of things we gota do at the next rally

1. work on josh's truck :beer:
2. take pics of people and their vehicle

Attachments

srodocker

one pics...is when ed, arron, josh are about finished working on the turbo and dan getting them lights :)

second to last pic is of some loot :)

last pic is the best pic my brother took!

ok thats it for the pictures...hopefully you like them my brother took a bunch!

time to go work on my deuce :) taking the gf's dad with me to help :)

Attachments

Hammer

That was a LOT of fun!
We both enjoyed meeting more of the locals (and the canadian... ;) )

Sure turned out great for a mini rally!

Brad's place is a bit too much. I want a LOT of stuff he has there, but I can't afford to get all the stuff I want (or what he would sell).

Ok, so let's start a 'get a shop truck for Hammer' fund, and maybe I can make it to the next rally fully prepared for all our 'misadventures'.

Anyways, thanks for everyone showing up, and a big thanks to Dan and Scott for hosting an getting this all together!

FoxGirl

It was fun meeting everyone yesterday, I had a great time. Thanks Dan for hosting and loved your horses too. I'm looking forward to your next event and hopefully seeing all of you at the Arlington Airshow for a beer or two :beer:

Thanks again,
Jane (HEMTT co-pilot) :D

Last edited:

64c30

Many thanks to Dan and Scott for putting this together. The sodas and munchables were a welcome touch.

Donna and I had a great time meeting and talking with everybody. We were definitely in great company. We're looking forward to the July convoy and meeting yet more folks.

wsucougarx

Yes, I couldn't agree with you more. We were definately in great company. Fellow SS are some of the most down to earth-do anything for you type of guys. We definately need to plan more events throughout the year.

Josh

Once again I'm endebited to Ed and Aaron. They saved my ass again... Remind me never to try a turbo swap when suffering from sleep deprivation, or in general again.

But the good news is, The C turbo is in and man it sounds lovely.(side note. It stopped smoking so badly). It was fun. Met lots of new people.

And at brads place I bought a brand new metal Jerry Can, and a 15ft, 3/4in Recovery chain. I was told it was used for tanks, so I dont think I'm going to break it.

Definatly looking forward to next rally, and I'm keeping an eye out for one of those machine shop trailers. [thumbzup]

wsucougarx

Need to rally at Brads for an all day scavenger hunt...well, after we do Aaron's suggestion of spraying defoliant over the area. Who knows what lies in the bushes burried under years and years of vegetation.

srodocker

SOOOOO....Today i was like shoot i didnt get to play with my deuce i have some time before work....after telling the gf we dont need to shop for food today and that she can hang out with her mom, i called up her dad and was like hey lets go work on my deuce :p. with him being excited if not more excited then i am about the deuce he said SURE! so we went to tenino at around 1 and met up with cecil the owner and started looking over the truck.

instaled the new corner markers from OD Coyote. as my gfs dad don looked over the truck. he was in the air force as a jet mechanic and is currently a mechanic for a heavy machine rental place. so he shows me a couple of things and bam we get to working on the BONE DRY brakes. put fluid in and notice a difference with 2 pumps of the pedal. after getting squirted in the face once we had a ROCK hard brake pedal and seem to have no leaks.

put the 2 batts dan is letting me use * we couldnt get the darn battery tub to shut * i hopped in and was grinning ear to ear! buzzer hits got excited and...

just sat cranking...after he tried it a couple times cecil came out and clicked the heater switch for the block and BAM! stuff flew out of the pipe and she idled :) :jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin: knowing there was little diesel and us being 10mins late we had to turn her off and head home.

so make this post end quickly me and dan are going to head down on friday and pick her up and im going to drive back up to dans :) from there i'll put all her new filters in :)

srodocker

im planning on to go to brads. hopefully next monday :) if anyone is off during the day or something we can set a time :)

for another event im thinking in april for another "mini" rally?

it was great to meet everyone!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks