• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 GA rally Definite dates???

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I am obviously biased but I think it's a great rally. We've experienced phenomenal growth in the 4 years we have been an "official" rally. We have always used vehicle count as a way of measuring the rally's size, as a headcount was impossible. Too many people coming and going.
2007: 22 trucks
2008: 27 or 28 trucks (can't remember)
2009: 40 trucks
2010: 75 trucks! This doesn't even count military trailers!
2011: ???????? Is 100 out of the question?
Check out the picture threads from prior years. The pictures speak for themselves.
2010: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/59085-newer-2010-ga-rally-multimedia-thread.html
2009: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/42451-new-2009-ga-rally-multimedia-thread.html
2008: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/26931-2008-ga-rally-multimedia-thread.html
2007: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/14448-offical-ga-ss-rally-multimedia-bs-thread.html
We have had armor at 2 of the rallies I believe....... 2008 and 2010.... I think. We have had an M114 in attendance.
The only thing we haven't had at a Ga. Rally is military aviation assets.... but we're working on it. 8)
After attending Zout's "Lifer's Pig Roast" yesterday, Mamabear (MB) may well be hooked!!!
She met some fine folks outside the CAMO Crew and was favourably impressed.[thumbzup]

She came to me this morning and was asking about "the facilities" at the GA Rally and SAYS she wants to come this year!!!:grin::grin:

There's only about 5 and a half months left...gotta start plotting...er...planning our antics.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I just copied the post Ron.
Looks like since "08" the truck count has sorta doubled each year?

Gosh...wonder what the guys in "unfriendly" countries with satelight imaging capability think when we all start "massing"??:roll:

roflroflroflrofl

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I just copied the post Ron.
Looks like since "08" the truck count has sorta doubled each year?

Gosh...wonder what the guys in "unfriendly" countries with satelight imaging capability think when we all start "massing"??:roll:

roflroflroflrofl
" Mohamed look they do this every year this time! Look at all that food, they look happy, what is that pink thing running around?? They keep sneaking into the woods for training and then return to a great feast! Oh look night maneuvers, they have driven a truck into mud trying to hid it! There goes that pink thing again! maby we should leave them alone they look well trained and that pink thing scares me, and one is walking around with a opossum on his head!"

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
" Mohamed look they do this every year this time! Look at all that food, they look happy, what is that pink thing running around?? They keep sneaking into the woods for training and then return to a great feast! Oh look night maneuvers, they have driven a truck into mud trying to hid it! There goes that pink thing again! maby we should leave them alone they look well trained and that pink thing scares me, and one is walking around with a opossum on his head!"
Now THAT's some funny chit right there!!! I don't care who ya are!!roflroflrofl
:grd::jumpin::jumpin:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am new here and am wondering where and when is the rally in GA.
Welcome to the site, Zack.

The rally is in Union Point, Ga.; which is East of Athens.

We don't have a thread up yet, but you can check out last year's rally info thread for the basics. Most of this year's rally will be the same as last year. Simply change the dates and I suspect 95% of the stuff is the same. The menu of food that the MKT is serving will probably change somewhat.

2010 rally info thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/53347-official-2010-ss-ga-rally-info-thread.html

There is a website for the rally and it's going to be updated real soon. As changes/updates occur, the website will be updated. Once we get closer, I will put a 2011 thread.

Coming Soon!

Also, this link will take you to another post where there are links to the last 4 years of rally pictures and videos. You can see what you are in for there. :D

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/773705-post113.html

It is a very good rally. This year will be our 5th!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Welcome to the site, Zack.

It is a very good rally. This year will be our 5th!
WRONG, our LEADER is WRONG It will be our 6th year
06-BQ/6 trucks
07-22 trucks
08-28 trucks
09-40 trucks
10-75+trucks
11-100+trucks :grd:[thumbzup]

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
WRONG, our LEADER is WRONG It will be our 6th year
06-BQ/6 trucks
07-22 trucks
08-28 trucks
09-40 trucks
10-75+trucks
11-100+trucks :grd:[thumbzup]

I've never counted that first year as an official SS Rally-it was an impromptu cookout. In 07 when we had a pavilion at Unicoi, I'd call that the first rally.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
When do we at least get to make a recon?

Man I can't wait!!!!!!! Speed up the clock. Put 24 volts to that 12 volt clock!!! Hurry!!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
When do we at least get to make a recon?
Man I can't wait!!!!!!! Speed up the clock. Put 24 volts to that 12 volt clock!!! Hurry!!!
Maybe we should have a pre-mini-non-rally, you know, just a practice for the real one??rofl

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks