• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 PNW Mini Rally #4

REO 54

Just now made it back on the "Rock".Great event,good people!!I'll upload my pic's when I get a moment.
My "poop" phone messages is full. Sheesh...you'd think folks can deal with all little mess while I'm gone!!

P.S WSUCougar....I got the last box!!

hwcurtice

Dang josh so the turning up the fuel really helps huh? im excited to do mine! only pic i have on my phone is of the sign. we really got lucky with the weather holding out as long as it did. dale your so lucky leaving early! cant wait for dan to post some pics of the rally! its so nice out today i want to make my trip to brads but the gf had the day off so not sure what were doing...im wondering if going to brads can be my valentines day present!

i also want to that herald *hwcurtice* for getting me my nato cable! and sorry i didnt say bye when i came back from a hamburger run you were gone

and thank dan for hosting the event!

and for everyone coming
Sorry, I bailed when it became apparent I wasn't going to be getting over to Brad's anytime soon in order to get the connector needed to wire the trailer, and SWMBO called and said an item she was after became available for pickup, so I had to go and get that as well.

If anyone is going over to Brad's before next weekend, or on Saturday, could you let me know? I really need the connector that is on the rear of a truck for connecting the trailer to. Non-technical: female NATO 12 pin connector. along with 12-18" of the wire that goes with it.

hwcurtice

Oh, and I may have scored on a bow and canvas setup for the trailer too.

No more hunting down tarps and tie downs to keep stuff dry. You know, the stuff SWMBO finds on Craigslist that is too big for the truck, but fits real nice int he trailer! Oh and can't get wet...

Do you know how much fun it is trying to wrap something up in a driving rainstorm at dusk, and finding out you temp lights wire has separated?

So there you stand, in the wind and rain and almost dark, trying to wrap wires together with electrical tape, that you hope will stay dry enough to hold for a trip home in the rain... Rain gear.... Real lights.... canvas for the trailer!

Someone wasn't looking out for me Saturday night!

I just ran the crane, trying not to take off fingers, hands and feet. The crane was designed to move cargo quickly, not small increments, thanks for all your patience! The real work was done by, in no particular order: Dan, Matt (told me what to do), Brad (has more energy than a man his age should), Dave (Reo 54 who dove under the truck a for ANY reason), Chris (lent expertise and tools) and a cast of others. And a special thanks to God, who held off the rain until AFTER the truck was again purring like a kitten! It wasn an amazingly successful event, and I got an excuse to drive my truck for 120 or so miles!
Thanks Stuart - I appreciate the draft on the way home too! About halfway down 161 my tach decided to quit - I think the cable died and the wipers are hand operated like always so it made for a busy ride home - otherwise glad I could help and now we know a little more of what to expect when pulling powerpacks...

Nice to put faces with alot of names and good to see a bunch of vehicles turn out to lend a helping hand...

I am off to Alaska next week until May sometime but will keep track online...

Matt

hwcurtice

Thanks Stuart - I appreciate the draft on the way home too! About halfway down 161 my tach decided to quit - I think the cable died and the wipers are hand operated like always so it made for a busy ride home - otherwise glad I could help and now we know a little more of what to expect when pulling powerpacks...

Nice to put faces with alot of names and good to see a bunch of vehicles turn out to lend a helping hand...

I am off to Alaska next week until May sometime but will keep track online...

Matt
Home to Ballard or Hobart? I ended up in Ballard Saturday night... Is why I ask.

Josh

Hwcurtice. I cut up a few 107 trailers. I know I still have the plugs laying around. If you down in portland anytime soon, Ill give ya one.

Amer-team

Dan thank you for the lunch yesterday. the engine swap was a definite learning experience, thanks for that as well.
Thank you also to Stuart for turning out. It would have been a lot less productive day without his piece of equipment on site.
It is fun to put some names and faces with the site names. Am looking forward to the next mission.

ARYankee

Looks like I missed out on a great time. I wish I could have met a few more of you while I was up there. I know I about peed myself when I drove up into Brad's. I'm currently working on a list of some parts I may be needing/wanting....