• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 PNW Mini Rally #4

hwcurtice

Guys out at Eastern Surplus have what I need. Just now I have no $$ to get it... :-/

So if someone comes up with something closer, cuz the money returns by the weekend....

As mentioned before, I'll be in Lakewood Saturday, although, it looks like I may be making two trips down that way. One on either Thursday or Friday and then on Saturday... So the connector is a must have on Saturday.

srodocker

ok if the weather lightens up this week i will run down there. so that link wsucougar posted is what you need? with about 12"-18" of cord. the truck side of a trailer adapter. i'll try to see if brad has one.

hwcurtice

ok if the weather lightens up this week i will run down there. so that link wsucougar posted is what you need? with about 12"-18" of cord. the truck side of a trailer adapter. i'll try to see if brad has one.

Yep, and if it comes with the cover, like what is in that earlier post of mine, that would be great as well. Granted, if it isn't on the truck, it's in the garage staying dry...

hwcurtice

was asking jinx if he needed a headlight as his was burnt out.
I know. I was offering to transport one if you were able to find one at Brad's that was still good and reasonable.

But now it looks like He's going the 'New' route so I may have to withdraw my offer, for now.

BTW, the LED headlights on Stuart's HEMMT look great!

And how does he get away without having it plated?

Stalwart

I almost got a Miata once, it merged under the front of the truck at dusk and I saw its taillights through my window in the floor.

You should see the 26" chrome rims I have picked out for it!

hwcurtice

I almost got a Miata once, it merged under the front of the truck at dusk and I saw its taillights through my window in the floor.

You should see the 26" chrome rims I have picked out for it!
And I bet you got a whiff of a certain odor after the person saw what was in his rear view mirror too!

So, that still doesn't explain the no plate...? PM is cool.

BTW where did the roll of tape fall out at? Or did you retrieve it before it fell out?

Stalwart

I don't think they ever saw it, I didn't use the horn because they might have hit the brakes and I'd have gone over it.

I pulled out the roll of tape out at Dan's. I was using it two days before to make a fine line of silicone in a gap in the front window seal.

"So, that still doesn't explain the no plate...? PM is cool." <=== I guess I'm missing something.

hwcurtice

I don't think they ever saw it, I didn't use the horn because they might have hit the brakes and I'd have gone over it.

I pulled out the roll of tape out at Dan's. I was using it two days before to make a fine line of silicone in a gap in the front window seal.

"So, that still doesn't explain the no plate...? PM is cool." <=== I guess I'm missing something.
I was wondering how you drive without plates on your rig.

And if you didn't want to say on the thread, saying it in a PM works. Kinda like not broadcasting your cell number to everyone, so you do it through an PM instead...

Anyway. Nice looking rig. Did you have to wipe much drool off of it Saturday night? I may have left a couple spots on it...

Stalwart

I drive it with a plate in the glove box. It looks too military for most cops, they can get a soldier in trouble through the chain of command but have no power over them directly. When in doubt, most cops don't want the bother of being wrong. Of the thousands people that have seen the truck, only one has said, "that is owned by a civilian." I asked him how he knew and he replied, "We don't put US Army on ours."

hwcurtice

I drive it with a plate in the glove box. It looks too military for most cops, they can get a soldier in trouble through the chain of command but have no power over them directly. When in doubt, most cops don't want the bother of being wrong. Of the thousands people that have seen the truck, only one has said, "that is owned by a civilian." I asked him how he knew and he replied, "We don't put US Army on ours."
I kinda figured it was something like that. Does help to have all the proper documentation on hand, just in case, right?

Before I got the plate for my trailer, I was worried about getting pulled over for not having one on it. But I got passed by troopers as if I wasn't even there. Maybe there's something for 'Going Green' after all?

We all need bumper stickers that say "This is my idea of Going Green"

Of course, that wouldn't work on the Desert Tan rigs, Or REO 54's red rig...

Stalwart

The only sticker I was tempted to put on was an "Obummer". I didn't want the phones at Ft Lewis ringing off the hook, I think too highly of our persons in uniform to do something so childish.