• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 PNW Mini Rally #4

hwcurtice

I know. I was offering to transport one if you were able to find one at Brad's that was still good and reasonable.

But now it looks like He's going the 'New' route so I may have to withdraw my offer, for now.

BTW, the LED headlights on Stuart's HEMMT look great!

And how does he get away without having it plated?

They also have them over here:
http://www.idahomotorpool.com/
Listed at the bottom of the page. 24v headlights. NIB. No price so I guess you have to call and ask.

hwcurtice

The only sticker I was tempted to put on was an "Obummer". I didn't want the phones at Ft Lewis ringing off the hook, I think too highly of our persons in uniform to do something so childish.

What does Scott have on his? I'll have to go look through the bumper sticker thread again. It's a green ribbon, but I forget what it said...

It isn't too non-PC.

Okay, I can't fine the rear of his Deuce there... :-/ SCOTT! Whatcha got on the back of your rig????

Last edited:

hwcurtice

Say Scott,

While you're out at Brad's, if he has any m101a2 trailers, see if any have good shocks. I have a bent one that should most likely be replaced.

Or does anyone have better ideas on replacing these?

Bent, as in it looks like someone ran into it with a 4x4 so the tube is bent, but it most likely still works. A GL Wonder? Who knows.... No picture of it from the website showing the undercarriage from the auction, so anything is possible.

Stalwart

Rather than getting a used one, perhaps visiting a NAPA can yield you a cross refrence to a new one. Shocks aren't typically very expensive unless you are getting gas pressurized, remote reservoir units. Saying that, I got 28 of them (New Surplus) for the HEMTT at $14.25 each, including motor freight, from a nice SS member from Georgia.

hwcurtice

No problem. Weather looks to get worse before it gets better this week and I didn't want you wrecking your surgeon's work under some truck at Brad's.

Still, if someone needs something brought North from there, and I can get it on Saturday, I am still more than willing to haul it up. I should have a full tarp for the trailer on Thursday and real lights by Saturday afternoon.

I'm going to need a towel after this is all over.... :jumpin:

srodocker

man you can tell brad was smiling last picture. hehe. hes crazy for climbing over that stuff at his age! spent most the day with him today and he told me all about engines. its awesome going back on friday

Jinx

Am tracking down an M109 to make my own. Thanks to everyone at the event for being so friendly to a new person with 10,000 questions. Thanks in particular to Josh, Aaron, Ed, and srodocker.
Sniff,

You forgot ol' Jinxy. Who let you sit in their deuce first? Jinx that's who.

But I'm not bitter. :cry:

srodocker

hahahahahaha

i gave you some aftermarket ideas too chris heheh.

im wondering if i did a double dynomax muffler how well it would do. i do want to raise my exhaust a little more as im adding the roof basket

Jinx

Yeah, sorry Harold. Too bad you couldn't stick around but I know what it's like trying to get something working and wanting to get your trailer wired.