• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 vin info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Nitzke

M715 Kaiser Jeep
a. Serial #, 14825
b. Registration #, 92473685
c. NSN, 23209216365
d. private seller
e. Bumper #, HQ .....something (can not read rest.)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Where on the 5ton frame have looked and havent found anything yet, the ser# c12510193 came of an inspection sticker in the truck
Organization:COMPANY C, 1ST BATTALION 163D CAVALRY REGIMENT Location:GALT
MT
Unit Ident Code:
WYLJC0 Utilization Code:
7 Vehicle Use Code:
Nomenclature:
TRUCK CARGO 5-TON Model:
M813 W/W NSN:
2320000508890 Serial Number:
C12510193 Registration Number:
5A40570 Year of Mfg:
August 1994

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I got also numbers of a other truck

Vehicle ---- M35a2c, w/w
a. Serial Number (VIN number) ------ 032517130
b. Registration Number -----
c. NSN without dashes ----- 2320009260875
d. Where you bought it ---- from a civilian in the Netherlands
e. Bumper numbers

Thanks in advance!
Organization:UNITED STATES ARMY MAINTENANCE ACTIVITY KAISERSLAUTERN Location:DAENNER KASERNE
DE
Nomenclature:
TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T Model:
M35A2 W/W NSN:
2320000771617 Serial Number:
32517130 Registration Number:
4E84669 Year of Mfg:
1969 Manufacturer:
August 1999

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
1971 M35A2 wo/w

a. Serial number- 052517555
b. Registration number- 04A57171
c. NSN- ?? (?? 2320000771616 ??)
d. Bought through GL in Columbus OH
e. Bumper markings- Can't really tell, but maybe 155 CHEM and D 07. There are several different sets of numbers over top of eachother. hard to make out what numbers go together.

Thanks!
Organization:118TH MEDICAL BATTALION CO C Location:WESTERVIL
OH
Nomenclature:
TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T Model:
M35A2 NSN:
2320000771616 Serial Number:
52517555 Registration Number:
4A57171 Year of Mfg:
1971 Manufacturer:
Sep 1998

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Thanks so much for doing this; will make donation.

VIN: 1GCGD34J8HF305052
REG: NG2KH7
NSN: 2320011236827
Where bought: French Camp, CA.
Bumper Numbers: None

USAR TAG: ECS170000002701
Organization:0950 TH OD CO SPT MAINT RECAP Location:LOS ALAMITOS
CA
Nomenclature:
TRUCK CARGO 1-1/4T Model:
M1008 W/E NSN:
2320011236827 Serial Number:
J8HF305052 Registration Number:
NG2KH7 Year of Mfg:
1987 Contract Number:
DAAE07-82-C-4060

Mar 1993

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ID #'s

:)M35A3
Serial #3619R10872005
ID # 502327
NK0HE2
NSN# 2320013832047
Bumper # L/S 88C-R 329 AG
purchased , Sparta ,WI
Thank you , Bob K

Chain-Saw

I now have another M923 for your consideration:
a. C52304180
b. NL0EMW
c. 2320010502084
d. GL Sparta WI
e. Left bumper: W88CR312EN Right bumper: 4400
I left out the dashes between the C and R and another between the 4's on the bumper numbers.
This truck was re-conditioned at MCLB Barstow, so I think the bumper numbers may be from a Marine unit. Is it normal for a truck to transfer between services, or was this one always a Marine Corps truck I wonder?

Thanks, and donation will be made with reference to "SteelSoldiers Project".

04mustang

Again, no info.

Where else can I find info. Im kinda at a loss here. I have the data plates and wirewheeled the frame numbers. I know the nubers on the frame are 0540 10001 and that is consitient with the last few numbers from the serial number on the data plate. it has stamped numbers first, then painted 0540 and then stamped 10001. Its is made by AM General, thats on the plate. The plate also has a contract number and a number that follows the NSN sytem. I would just really like to know what the year of my truck is and any info on it.

Thanks,
Corey

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where else can I find info. Im kinda at a loss here. I have the data plates and wirewheeled the frame numbers. I know the nubers on the frame are 0540 10001 and that is consitient with the last few numbers from the serial number on the data plate. it has stamped numbers first, then painted 0540 and then stamped 10001. Its is made by AM General, thats on the plate. The plate also has a contract number and a number that follows the NSN sytem. I would just really like to know what the year of my truck is and any info on it.

Thanks,
Corey
Corey

There is a slight chance, if all you want is year, of finding the info. On a majority of military equipment is a contract number. Within the contract number is a two digit number for the year. Here is an example contract number: DLA700-86-M-E439. The DLA stands for Defense Logistics Administraton or Activity. It's changed a couple times over the years but DLA is the procurment agency for DOD. It doesn't buy everything but does procure a large portion. The 700 is an assigned number indicating the sequence number of contracts. I believe it just means it's the 700th contract let that year but may be wrong. One of two numbers are that number; either the 700 or the E439. The number 86 is the contract date. It is the date the contract was "let" or a contractor was awarded. It can be a tricky number. If it's a limited contract, say for a specialized piece of equipment, 1986 is the date of manufacture. If it is a multi year contract based on a delivery schedule of a quantity of items, in my example the contract was for truck mirrors, it could have been delivered in 1986 or it could have been anytime later for the duration of the contract. Luck sometimes plays into this. A tag is placed on every piece of military equipment when brand new. My example lable has the following: C/C 6/86. This indicated Contract Completion was 06/86 or June of 1986. Lots of words here and sorry for being long winded but it's a bit complicated researching old contracts. I don't know what you originally sent CARNAC so if possible, please repost. Give the NSN, EXACTLY as written. Add any other odd ball numbers you see. In the block for contract number, if it has anything in it, provide everything in that area. Some of it may be part of the data included in the tag; that is required on most contracts. The stamped information is the information for your specific truck. So, in your response, if you are interested, place each number/letter code on a single line with anything to the left indicating what the number may mean. Hit enter after each number/letter combination so only one bit of information is listed per line. Fiinally, don't break up any numbers. If a dash (-) or a slash (/) is included, add it. I can look up some resources and may be able to narrow down when/what and where it originated at. If CARNAC cannot tell you where is was, the information doesn't exist in a recognized format and will have to be "back doored" to get anything out of it. As a reminder, Marine, Navy and Air Force equipment doesn't follow tracking requirements that the Army does.

Let me know if you'd like me to help.

Jeff

04mustang

Corey

There is a slight chance, if all you want is year, of finding the info. On a majority of military equipment is a contract number. Within the contract number is a two digit number for the year. Here is an example contract number: DLA700-86-M-E439. The DLA stands for Defense Logistics Administraton or Activity. It's changed a couple times over the years but DLA is the procurment agency for DOD. It doesn't buy everything but does procure a large portion. The 700 is an assigned number indicating the sequence number of contracts. I believe it just means it's the 700th contract let that year but may be wrong. One of two numbers are that number; either the 700 or the E439. The number 86 is the contract date. It is the date the contract was "let" or a contractor was awarded. It can be a tricky number. If it's a limited contract, say for a specialized piece of equipment, 1986 is the date of manufacture. If it is a multi year contract based on a delivery schedule of a quantity of items, in my example the contract was for truck mirrors, it could have been delivered in 1986 or it could have been anytime later for the duration of the contract. Luck sometimes plays into this. A tag is placed on every piece of military equipment when brand new. My example lable has the following: C/C 6/86. This indicated Contract Completion was 06/86 or June of 1986. Lots of words here and sorry for being long winded but it's a bit complicated researching old contracts. I don't know what you originally sent CARNAC so if possible, please repost. Give the NSN, EXACTLY as written. Add any other odd ball numbers you see. In the block for contract number, if it has anything in it, provide everything in that area. Some of it may be part of the data included in the tag; that is required on most contracts. The stamped information is the information for your specific truck. So, in your response, if you are interested, place each number/letter code on a single line with anything to the left indicating what the number may mean. Hit enter after each number/letter combination so only one bit of information is listed per line. Fiinally, don't break up any numbers. If a dash (-) or a slash (/) is included, add it. I can look up some resources and may be able to narrow down when/what and where it originated at. If CARNAC cannot tell you where is was, the information doesn't exist in a recognized format and will have to be "back doored" to get anything out of it. As a reminder, Marine, Navy and Air Force equipment doesn't follow tracking requirements that the Army does.

Let me know if you'd like me to help.

Jeff
I hope this all ok info to post on this thread, but here goes

My data plate says that it is a M35A2C WO/W
Identifiaction data
Stock No. 2320-926-0873
Identification No. 95-19369-720540-10001
MFD. By AM General Corporation
Contract No. DAAE06-70-0001

Again thank you to anyone that can help me here. namely jeffhuey1n and CARNAC. This truck was bought in NC and has been in NC for a very long time (at least 20-30 years).
Thanks,
Corey

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope this all ok info to post on this thread, but here goes

My data plate says that it is a M35A2C WO/W
Identifiaction data
Stock No. 2320-926-0873
Identification No. 95-19369-720540-10001
MFD. By AM General Corporation
Contract No. DAAE06-70-0001

Again thank you to anyone that can help me here. namely jeffhuey1n and CARNAC. This truck was bought in NC and has been in NC for a very long time (at least 20-30 years).
Thanks,
Corey
Corey, the stock number is in the old style. All NSN's now have either 00 or 01 after the first four numbers (2320 in this case). The contract was let in 1970. Your trucks contract was the first one let that year. Is there the letter C anywhere in the contract number? The identification number is difficult to figure. Since the location is NC and due to the high concentration of Marine Corps units, I'd take a bet it was a Marine Corps truck. 20 to 30 years would have put in service as late as 1982. Marine Corps units were still using that type truck around that time frame. So putting my Sherlock Holmes hat on, you have a 1970 ish M35A2C, once owned and operated by the Marine Corps. Ways to find this out would be to gently sand down the left and or right side of the hood. If the truck hasn't been stripped down to bare metal after release from the military, you'll find the letters USMC/USN or USA or possibley US Army. An Air Force truck would have the numbers on the doors as well as US Air Force. Again, judging by it's location, I think Marines but I'm kind of prejudiced towards them. Ft Bragg(?) is also in the Carolinas so maybe...a real long shot there because CARNAC couldn't find it. Air Force? Possible but the Air Force bases in the Carolinas would have lttle use for a Deuce. Doesn't mean they never had them, just highly unlikely. While researching your truck I came across this article. I think it'll go a long way to helping you as well. Use the process of elimination. If your numbers just don't show up, Navy/Marine Corps becomes more and more likely. Here's the link. if this doesn't work, I'll try another way of posting the link. Deciphering the codes: Kaiser-Jeep and AM General 2 1/2-ton Truck Production | Military Trader
Let me know if you get some positive results. I will tell you that both my 1972 M35A2s WO/W have the exact same contract number. The ID numbers are nothing like the one you list. Is there a possibility of taking a picture of the ID plate and one of the truck as a whole? If you can take a pic of the inside of either or both doors, that's help as well.
Jeff

04mustang

Thank you Jeff!
I have discovered thus far that Am General was the last manufacture to fill contracts, and since mine is 10001 then Im almost sure its a 1970 truck under my trucks contract that was let in 1970.
You were right, there is a C in the contract number, its just hard to read because my data plate has been sand blasted it looks like around the edges.

Here are pics of the data plate inside of the door and a comparisson of that paint color to my hand and to arevoe 977B SG OD 24084 (vietnam era 24087).
And also some overall pics of the truck. Keep in mind that the bed has been changed out before I bought the truck.

Thanks,
Corey

indy4x4fab

Banned
If we want to figure out what our inspecition date is or was for our truck for our rebuilt or overhauled trucks, where would we find the info to decode our serial number on our trucks

Attachments

mich6212

1971 M35A2 WO/W

NSN:2320-00-077-1616
Data plate:
registration 04H99871 05252265
DAAE 06-70 C-0001
Frame-10608
bought from personal sale, not GL
no bumper markings

I also found what looks like a partial shipping label on the door that reads:

Shipping from UIC-WQQNT0 (Kuwait?) HSC 133 ECB
TCN-AWQQNT0$0D00790XX
ULN-THGBC06
Bumper#-HQ33
S/N-052521518
Package ID-1579206909

I hope these are right. Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks