• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 LA Rally Dates

best dates for la rally

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
its at my house in ponchatoula..north of new orleans and east of baton rouge, its a camp out swap meet. you can look up last years and see some pics of what it looks like. if you want to bring something to camp if or i have a couple 101s with covers available. need to reserve it before someone else. mv not required either but if you have one to bring we have plenty of room

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just heard from the local member with the dukw and he has it running great and will be here saturday morning for a day of fun.

m109a2

Hey bro any thing I can bring let Me know Got room.Al 337-477-1067 call any time I do not sleep much. M35a2W/W air asist,Convoy lights. And M35a2 frame cut and bent with a 109 box would be a shame to waste convoylights on a convoy.Not happening.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just getting a count on who is coming and on what day.. we are wanting to know how much food to expect. we have saturday covered just need a count on thur and friday

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got the M923 loaded with some Pecan and Beech firewood, and some Ash is yet to be loaded.
DSCF0007.jpgDSCF0008.jpg

I pulled my camping M105 out of the yellowtop flowers (actually they're weeds that I need to bushhog tomorrow) to clean out and get ready to travel.

DSCF0006.jpgDSCF0009.jpgDSCF0010.jpg

I'll probably show up sometime Thursday PM, and will need some power (have cord will travel).

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like your new truck is going to be spending some more time at my place huh? I would bring it to the rally for you if I could.
Yeah, I'm in the middle of honey-dos fixing the wife's horse pasture and riding ring, hauling horses, and dealing with a big oak tree that took out our power line during a storm last week and is still on our fence.
DSCF0011.jpg DSCF0012.jpgDSCF0002.jpg
I may not get around to cleaning out the camping M105 until Thurs AM.

I retired last month, but I've been busier than before I retired, lost 5 lbs, and still don't have time to play with my toys. This relaxing retirement deal is not what it's cracked up to be, and I've learned that retirement has a very high mortality rate!

I will try to get the M925 next week, unless the M923 dies on me this weekend.:D

Edit - I still can't reliably insert photos in my posts - it's hit or miss. Frustrating as all get outaua

Last edited:

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks, Tim, I plan on having mine there, just no time for upgrades or even good cleaning from what I had last year - but will have portable AC if needed.

WhitePhoenix

Could be rolling in on Friday (depending on what im scheduled for and what time on Friday, no M923 either so just my truck and my tent), but at the very latest it will be early Saturday morning for me.

Soupermike

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Glad I was able to make it out there today. Got to put names with faces!! My son said his favorite trucks were " the one that floats" and tow truck because it was like "mater"

Tim, I will probably get you to mail me my shirt when it comes in. Hope to be in my own truck next year.

Mike

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
last person just left.. we had a super great time. i hope to post some pics tonight off all that showed up. had a friend do a fly over friday and sat and he took some areal pics and put them on face book. ill get those transfered over too

Buster70

Made it home a bit ago. Thanks so much for the hospitality. Ya'll put on a great rally. I enjoyed meeting everyone and feel so privileged to have been around so many great people.
Thanks again, Buster

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks