• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 Va Rally at Graves Mountain Aug 29-Sept 1, 2014 (aka, Labor Day Weekend).

CGarbee

With all the talk about upcomming events and the need for some folks to get things nailed down at work (or with the Significant Other), I thought that I would let everyone know that the VA Rally (aka Graves Mountain MV Trailrides and Rally) will be held on Aug 29-Sept 1, 2014 (aka, Labor Day Weekend).

Amnon has made most of the website updates although we still have to finalize the t-shirt info and add some photos from the last couple of years... (hopefully, this will get done next week...).

We have a few more folks who have agreed to be trailguides so we can have a greater variety of rides happening at once (easy, mild, wild on the moutains and some easy road rides...).

Website with info and the registration form/info flyer is at:
http://www.gravesmountaintrailrides.com/

Hope to see a bunch of you there,
Cabell

CGarbee

We had a work weekend for Father's Day and ran all the trails on the Graves' property. Had to cut a few trees that had fallen, but everything looked good in general. We'll go back for another work weekend on July 4-6 to run the trails that are on the neighbor's property and to spray some herbicide on a couple spots that get overgrown with briars...

We've also added a couple more trails...mainly thanks to running the log skidder around getting out some monster oaks over the winter...

CGarbee

Olbucksnort will be happy to hear that we also worked on widening the Blue Trail in a couple of spots to that he can run that bobbed truck up another trail... :)

CGarbee

We spent this past weekend (July 4th) riding the trails and doing some more clearing, etc. We have a few more trials ready for this year than last, including some on the lower elevations of the two mountains that border the property that we can ride on with the larger trucks (you know, five ton trucks...)...
As usual, we also have some technical trails up on the mountains, some easy fireroads and county roads to ride upon, and the truck games in the big field on Saturday while everyone waits for the Eastern NC Style BBQ to get cooked... :)

A big thanks to Tim, Steve, Gary, and Mike (aka Maddawg308) for comming out on the holiday weekend to work.

Last edited:

michigandon

Really wanted to get up there on the 5th, but Karen had the transmission tore apart on the M882, and we've also been having problems with the idle circuit getting fouled on the carb. :(

Need to make reservations, and get my registration stuff over to you!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Already have the cabin reserved, and the M37 ran great at Haspin, so all I need now is a trailer to haul the M37.

Are we going to blast away up at Cabell's place with weapons again?

CGarbee

Already have the cabin reserved, and the M37 ran great at Haspin, so all I need now is a trailer to haul the M37.
Are we going to blast away up at Cabell's place with weapons again?
Wonderful!!
The shop will be open in case you want to do a drive by...but don't plan on using it... :)

I'm not sure that rangemaster Mike will let you "blast away", but we are going to celebrate the 2nd Amendment again this year. ;)

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All rounds MUST bury themselves in an approved berm at the end of their flight. I'll try to add exploding targets to my shopping list so there will be live action downrange. But the activities must include MV transportation to and from the facility.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe I will build a proper target holder for the group. Big enough to set cans and other objects of opportunity, along with paper targets.

Would a life size photo of moamar kaddfy be ok?

michigandon

Well now it looks as though we're not going to be able to make it. Karen lost her job yesterday, so unfortunately we're going to have to shift into "economy mode" for the foreseeable future. :(

Looks as though Durhamtown might be out of the picture this year as well, for an unrelated reason (more about that later). :(:(:(

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My daughter and I will be there again. She is hoping that Karl shows up again with the halftrack, she liked getting a ride in it last year!

CJ9/Granny

From the registration form I see the deadline is August 20th. The way things have gone for us this year I am reluctant to plan anything, but as of the present we are hoping to come up and join you folks for a weekend of camping. I guess for the time being we will just wait and watch until a little closer to the 20th.

CGarbee

Just checkin' to see of the Equestrian Horse People will be there also ?
The equestrian folks will be camping in the front field again this year and will use some of the same trails we are using. We will once again use the rear entrance to the MV field instead of driving through the area with the horses. The Lodge stables will be open for those of you who wish to try single horsepower transportation. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks