• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 Va Rally at Graves Mountain Aug 29-Sept 1, 2014 (aka, Labor Day Weekend).

CGarbee

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Our special use permit (due to the ongoing process of getting a Health Department's certification of a well in the horse camping field) allows us to begin overnight camping on Friday night, August 29.
If you come on early (Thursday), we'll have to park you behind the packing shed (across the street from Syria Merchantile), but I can put you in a domitory room so you don't have to set up camp twice...
THANKS!!

urdrvideo

question...
My son and I would like to attend the rally but I don't actually have an MV yet (still searching)
Would we be welcome at the rally? Our truck does have a Cummins!

CGarbee

CGarbee doe's the permit allow overnight camping after Sept. 1st. ? say like the 2ed or 3ed. late stay ? I'll just show up Friday morning . and be whatever help I can.
I think that it does, but I am not sure of the exact cut off date (with luck, it will overlap the well approval and the cut off date will be a moot point).
Worse case, if we have to kick you out of the camping field is that I have you relocate to either the domitory area behind the packing shed or move you up the road to my cabin (last house on the right before the road ends at the park...)

CGarbee

question...
My son and I would like to attend the rally but I don't actually have an MV yet (still searching)
Would we be welcome at the rally? Our truck does have a Cummins!
You do not have to have an MV or a Historic Civilian Vehicle.
Just come on up, kick some tires, and have a good time.
See BMan (aka Chuck) at the registration tent when you arrive so that we know who you are... ;)

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, Adam and I are scheduled to arrive Thursday evening, but we are in one of the cabins up the road a bit, not in the field. We will check in with Bman on Friday morning.

CJ9/Granny

Really was planning to show up this year, but have since decided to hang out closer to home. Every weather-related site I've seen shows heat, humidity and pretty good rain chances over the Labor day weekend. I guess the first Graves Rally spoiled me... I fondly remember cool comfortable temps with low humidity, no rain, and a big beautiful moon. Hopefully, all the forecasts will be wrong and you folks will get a picture-perfect weekend. If so, y'all can feel free to torment me about it, and I promise to take it gracefully. I wish you all a wonderful weekend! Maybe see y'all at Denton in the spring. :) D&D

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really was planning to show up this year, but have since decided to hang out closer to home. Every weather-related site I've seen shows heat, humidity and pretty good rain chances over the Labor day weekend. I guess the first Graves Rally spoiled me... I fondly remember cool comfortable temps with low humidity, no rain, and a big beautiful moon. Hopefully, all the forecasts will be wrong and you folks will get a picture-perfect weekend. If so, y'all can feel free to torment me about it, and I promise to take it gracefully. I wish you all a wonderful weekend! Maybe see y'all at Denton in the spring. :) D&D
One of these days you're going to show up! Even if someone from NC has to drag your CJ-9 there with you ratchet-strapped to the driver's seat!

Then again, one of these days I'll have my own MV to take to an event and stop bumming rides from other attendees. :(

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Leaving for the rally in a couple hours - bringing a camera to take some pics for the thread, and hopefully to get more SS members there in future years! Also needs to take pics of Adam's navy M37...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Patience is a virtue. Apparently most Steel Soldiers members don't have any. :)

Didn't take any pics of the trail riding, but did snap some of the vehicles present at the rally. According to reports from Chuck B. who was taking care of registration, there were almost 70 people present, and maybe 25 trucks of various types. A great rally!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks