• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2016 SoCal Spring Rally

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! True Knight guessed right. It was an experimental vehicle used to see if we could laugh the enemy to death. When they saw soldiers driving around in one of these the enemy would fall to the ground in laughter and this would allow the military to defeat them. It did make for some good laughs unfortunately it failed in the durability department. We will put it to the test. First is a road coarse test. This brings me to ask, does anyone who is going to the Rally have around 10 orange cones to bring along to mark the road coarse?

Last edited:

bogshotrods

Sounds like I'll be able to make it at least for Saturday and Sunday :clinto:,and I don't care if the DMV gets me the historical plates or not I'm only a month our of registration. Are there going to be any road/trail markers to look for if a guy doesn't have a GPS to follow ?

Gripy

Sounds like I'll be able to make it at least for Saturday and Sunday :clinto:,and I don't care if the DMV gets me the historical plates or not I'm only a month our of registration. Are there going to be any road/trail markers to look for if a guy doesn't have a GPS to follow ?
Fastnova usually setsup poles as trail markers if you come through hinkley. But if you come up copper city there should be a vertical tire on the left side od the trail. I will update when I get out there for the event.

True Knight

I finally got my CB, so what channels to use, 'cause I'll be Northbound and down loaded up and trucking. Got a long way to go and a short time to get there, I'm gonna do what they say can't be done

Just watch out for them crazy Texas bubble gum machines trying to drive right up under your truck!

Hey everyone. Me and my 2 boys will be joining ya'll 15th,16th and 17th. We are super excited. I'm going to load up as much firewood as I can and I have 6 large cone and 5 small cone. We'll be up around 7:30 pm on that Friday. Can't wait.

Prospector GM

Gather around everyone! Come one come all to this years event the 2016 SoCal Spring Rally! Where you will see flying trapeze artist, a bear that rides a motorcycle, the bearded lady....OK, well you might not see any of that except for the bearded lady if we can get Gripy to wear a dress.

We are set for the weekend of April 15th - 17th so put your request in for time off with your employers if you need someone to call in sick for you on your behalf please make arrangements now. If you need to convince your significant other for some play time start now and do your chores as requested. Heck you can bring her and the kids along too and say it's a weekend that y'all can share and get back to nature, plenty of wildlife to see.
Everyone is welcome to hang out even if you have never been out to an event. Come over and say hi.

Bring your cooking grill, plenty of wood for the community fire pit and of course plenty to drink of your favorite beverage (you don't want to go thirsty out in the desert). You can also bring any kind of off road vehicle you like quad, dirt bike, 4 wheeler, Detroit Diesel powered Prius (say that 5 times in a row without messing up) magic carpet, a broom, a donkey, a Cummins powered skateboard, rotary powered shopping cart or what ever contraption you like to get around on.

We will be having a convoy through the desert on Saturday around 11'ish which makes for real good time and enjoy the view. When we get back from that I'll have a BBQ for everyone there. Oh, and for you guy's that like to take in the desert at night there will also be a night run.

Here are the coordinates for camp 35.139213,-117.05533 - Google Maps
I will post up these candy cane marker poles along the Hinkley route about every mile and double marker poles will be placed where you would turn in.View attachment 617033 This is where you would turn in off of Hinkley.View attachment 617031View attachment 617032

Pictures and video from the last Rally.
View attachment 606941View attachment 606943View attachment 606944View attachment 606945
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?144554-2015-SoCal-Fall-Rally/page9
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?144554-2015-SoCal-Fall-Rally/page7
So glad you added the map , the candy canes, and pics. of the route.:jumpin::jumpin: This helps for those who haven't been to the SoCal Rally before.:driver::driver: