• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2600mile recovery :)

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Praying that you have safe roads and intelligent companions on the highways! (big prayer, but He can do it!) Hope your trip through Illinois wasn't too bad! It has some serious misconceptions about fiscal matters, honor, and fulfilling contracts, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. Have REALLY enjoyed your thread! THANKS for sharing with us that are on here!
God bless and try to keep the rubber side down, the painted side don't steer worth a darn!
Tony;-)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right now he just texted he is having fun in the snow storm up north so as of this moment he is still on the road.....

EDIT: Looks like he was just at the 96 mile marker on the 90-94 headed north towards Eau Claire.

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After a long run are you feeling any heat off the tires or hubs? Some guys touch each hub and tire with the back of their hand to monitor temps after a long run but I get my cheek right down there and kiss the wheel and axle nuts. Had to be rescued with boiling water once when I forgot what the TM's said about minimum Temps and lip servicing on the M135.

However you do it, how cool are the axles running?

Sumner

Lip servicing a M135...........well thats a mental image that won't go away any time soon! Thanks! Lol

Wow Sean, looks winter sure hit hard and fast there. Any troubles with the truck in the cold?

seano11

Hubs are all running cold and tires are steaming when I stop lol. As for issues with the cold I'm gonna go buy a tarp tomorrow and zip tie it to the grill to try and keep her warm. Abs does not work on these trucks was coming to a stop light and she will lock all tires up. 6x6 works awesome but needs new light bulb for switch. The XL tires suck on ice but work awesome in deep snow I stayed in the unplowed lane for 400 km doing 55mph with no issues. I'm in black falls for the night will be seeing Scott in the am sometime.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you are in Black River Falls? Good progress. It's 30 min from where I'm from. HendersonD works there.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a cool recovery trip! I hope that your import will be as painless as mine....US export check took longer than CBSA import formalities. Pay the Queen and off you go!

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Sean, give me a call when you cross into Minnesota so I kind of know when yo expect you. Scott (763)234-0942

***And be careful, lots of slippery spots on the roads***

Last edited:

seano11

Santa can land in the bed of my truck to give me my gifts lol. I have a question tho do you guys think my 2008 dodge quad cab 6 foot box would fit in the bed of this ?. Trying to figure out how I'm gonna get it home from Edmonton

twlinks

Wow...yours must gigantic and made of brass to tackle this one.
Best of luck to you...can't wait to here "the rest of the story" and see the pics.

Danger Ranger

Santa can land in the bed of my truck to give me my gifts lol. I have a question tho do you guys think my 2008 dodge quad cab 6 foot box would fit in the bed of this ?. Trying to figure out how I'm gonna get it home from Edmonton
I looked up some specs on Edmunds, and it looks like a "quad cab" dodge 1500 with the 6' 4" bed will be somewhere around 19 feet in length bumper to bumper. I don't know the bed length of your new truck...
The dodge is 6 feet and 8" wide.

Hope this helps.

seano11

Parts needed

So when I went to start the truck this morning I could here air hissing out. Turns out its the fan actuator is letting air out through a little port in the back. This is the brass one that goes into the top coolant hose. Does anyone know where I could get a new one ?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This and the above post have been merged into this recovery thread.

Post this in the correct thread. Do not start another new thread.

I have asked you this at least 4 times now.

Use our forums correctly or your account will be placed on "moderated". This is your 4th and last warning.

I don't care if your in the middle of an epic recovery or not.

btw, I already mentioned in your thread(when you asked about fan clutch bolts), that the part your talking about can be cleaned and re-sealed (with new O-rings).

If you have the fan locked up with bolts, just plug the air supply.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks