• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2600mile recovery :)

Sumner

So I'm in Bloomington for the night. Was getting tired of looking at nothing so pulled in here on the way to the hotel I noticed one of the jeep dealerships had one of those rock hill display cases sitting in the parking lot with no jeep on it. Hmmm eh pulled into the parking lot ready to do a photo shoot and then I thought to myself what would doghead do. So here I sit drinking tap water reading the tms
Bahahaha! Just snorted coffee on my computer!

Man, looks a lot better than up here. Green grass! I wish, it's been snowing all dang day. How are you running the gps? Does the truck have 12v power too, or are you using an inverter?

seano11

I have a power pack that I charge every night. Man this truck is so bloody amazing the hills in PA didn't even bother it 55-60mph all the way up them 55mph at 1600 rpm rides like a caddy. And quite the cabs pretty well insulated

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great pictures Sean. The Memorial Highway picture means a lot to all of us! Thanks.

I see in the pictures you're on the white line or just inside the white line with your passenger wheel while cruisin' down the highway.
Is that "White Line Fever" or are you actually awake and aware of the advantages of this position when you're driving?

seano11

My convex mirror is actually mounted wrong and I can't see the actual back corner of the truck. Until tonight when I was reading the tms and learned how to unbolt it and move it down so I can see.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Sean,hopefully you make it home by Christmas.You told me you were going to sleep in the truck.Whats up with the hotels.I thought you were a hardcore iceroad trucker????

seano11

Well looks like it's my time to shine. Heading into a winter storm in Mn 10inches of snow and 40mph winds. It's gusting and raining hard here in Bloomington

seano11

Ok just had to share this before I left for the day. So I go down to put my bags in the truck and when I come back in the desk boy asks me if that's my truck. Why yes it is what's up ? You know that truck is considerd a weapon of war? Ummm I guess ya could say that ? What's your point? Well Obama is gonna ban them and ban all guns. I said o really well then I said if he bans all that stuff then who's gonna protect your freedom ? He then goes on to tell me that without guns and military the world will be at peace. Are there a lot of these hippies here ?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sean I'm sorry you had to meet a narrow minded idiot in Bloomington. That's as much as we can say about it but yes, there are quite a few of them in the states.

Please tell us which hotel so that I can avoid it when I travel to IL. Our daughter lives over that direction.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya it's snowing pretty heavily here right now, I am just north of Minneapolis. Don't rush to get through this area today!

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is what you have to look forward to. This is a picture from my deck, I can't even see my trucks! Expected more in the north metro, up to 12"! It's supposed to start blowing and getting colder later today, tomorrow is supposed to be only 15F.DSC07126.jpgDSC07127.jpg

EDIT: Still snowing...second picture added

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Damm circus clowns. They work everywhere these days. Wow, I haven't seen that arch in over 25 years. Last time might have been going over to the Indy Super Pulls.

Edit, dang Scott! I just checked weather bug. It's 79 degrees here with a forecast high of 80. I'll swap you 30 degrees of heat for 30 degrees of cold.

Last edited: