• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2600mile recovery :)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone knows what type of animal those pictures are of I'd love to know. It was in a field next to a truck stop in West Virginia

Looks like a Snipe. Commonly hunted by Boy Scout Troops in this region.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally met our long distance recovery member today. (Sean) Seems to be a nice guy although I'm not too sure about a 2,600 mile recovery but he did get a nice truck from John. We looked around it a couple of times. I did notice the fill cap was popped off something (no, I don't know what) and he said it happens and it does it on the 813 too. Power steering maybe, have to get a TM out.

On my way to catch along I-70 I saw our local convict gang working in the rain. Next pic is when I tucked in behind him so the winged Dodge could draft a while. :)

We stopped at a TA at I-70 and SR127 and talked a while, he fueled up and head to the Great White North, eh. The last pic is of the only landmark I could think of. If you drive across 70 you know right where he was at around 1PM.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy cow, he's in St Louis!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very funny. You know, he asked me about you. I told him about the first time meeting you a little past that very sign right after you deleted one of my posts.......

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, I recommend he drive at all times with the headlights on. (especially in the rain)

Then again, I recommend reading the TMs (before a recovery), instead of going out for a bear.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Freudian slip, I guess...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck, he's in Downs, IL, I thought he was going to keep going to your place tonight. I just texted him about 5 minutes ago. Call him, I just sent his number in a PM.

seano11

So I'm in Bloomington for the night. Was getting tired of looking at nothing so pulled in here on the way to the hotel I noticed one of the jeep dealerships had one of those rock hill display cases sitting in the parking lot with no jeep on it. Hmmm eh pulled into the parking lot ready to do a photo shoot and then I thought to myself what would doghead do. So here I sit drinking tap water reading the tms