• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2600mile recovery :)

212sparky

There are portions of I70 between Indy and Ohio that are bad. Last time they had signs up but just watch out for the pot holes.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time I rode I-80 DesMoines, IA almost all the way to the PA/OH boarder, (it was only in August) Iowa was fine. It is my favorite part of the drive.
I take that route all the time to and from school to home.

Instead of a short wheelbase jeep try it in a tractor pulling a trailer. The two are never in sink from one expansion joint to the next.

Danger Ranger

Been there, done that...sorta. A long wheelbase will take out some of the bumps though, not make it worse. We took a single axle dump (10 tonner) and tag-along trailer to IA and back. Did just fine.

Yeah, an MV will be worse, but I believe there were rougher spots, like Illinois, Indiana, Western Ohio, etc. Iowa isn't that bad. It even has less construction than the others. Trust me.

laggy

Awesome to hear about the trip, i love road trips. ill be home at the and of Dec. till early Jan. Im a little north of your scheduled route. But if u have any problems in Minnesota give a shout and ill be there.

Good Luck!!

seano11

2600 mile recovery moved ahead till this monday

So I got a call that I lost my job last night. So back to the ice roads I go. I have a week or 2 off before I start there So I'm hoping on a plane monday morning to grab the truck. Will be doing this solo. Sleeping in the truck to save money. If there's anyone along the way that wouldn't mind helping out this crazy Canadian if I run into trouble It would be greatly appreciated.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A route or destination would be helpful, or would you like every member in every state to be on the look out for you?

Maybe you can get video of this epic road trip.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is why we don't cross post.

We continue threads.

I merged them.

Last edited:

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Finally met Sean in person,he looked over the truck,then we went for a beer.Tommorow his real mission begins.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Preparation, is the key to success!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What time are you leaving today? PM sent with contact info.

Correction, I can't send a PM to you as your mailbox is full.

Last edited: