• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2600mile recovery :)

trukhead

hi Sean
I looked at your listed route in google map (by clicking on the link) and it comes out to 1200 miles or so.

There are some problems, they are:

The map lists my address as the startiong point and delta as the destination. All of the directions are backward.

To fix it put Delta Pa as the A point, and my address as the destination.

You have a reversal jog at Indianapolis. You backtrack to Dayton and back to Indianapolis.

I reversed to route and came up with 973 miles from Delta to my house.

I called John and said I'd call back at 1:00 PM John's time.

Dennis

Last edited:

seano11

Truck blew the alternator less then 2 miles from johns we are gonna try and fix it in the am. Does anyone know if a A1 alternator will work

seano11

Fan clutch not engaging

Hey guys which size bolts do I need to bolt the fan direct to the clutch ? I know I should read the tms but using my phone cost me lots,

Scarecrow1

I don't know if I would over ride the clutch that way you are in the cold weather and it may cause you some problems in reaching the ideal temperature .Of course I could be wrong but I would look for a new clutch.

cajun666

Fan clutch not engaging

If it work like the ones on m35a3 when put air to it it well turn freely.

Remove air and it turn.

Put you a valve on the hose going to clutch.

I have many buy sensor.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hey guys which size bolts do I need to bolt the fan direct to the clutch ? I know I should read the tms but using my phone cost me lots,
My time looking in the tms is worth something also. I guess you will have to use a computer to find TM questions if you do not want to pay to use your phone to find your answers.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I had an idea where it was in the manuals I'd look it up for you as I know you are 2600 miles from home.....Ron, could you help a brother out?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Send a PM to mdmorgan, he has them installed in their M936.

I looked in the TMs and did not find where it says to use them, or what size they are.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
think thay are 3/8" , I made my comment because you said the reason that you were asking rather then looking up useing your phone because it cost you, didn't say where you were or anything else, other that you DID NOT want to pay a charge to look up stuff in the tms.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Ron. Sean's trip isn't actually starting out on the right foot.

seano11

Yup not the right foot at all. Blown alternator cracked fuel line and fan problems. Johns been awesome tho. Does the alternator off the 250 cummins fit on the 8.3 by any chance

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found one post that said the bolts were "provided". Maybe they are already in the fan hub?

I also found a bunch of threads with either overheat issues or just reading to high temps.

Many point to a Thermal air valve that can be disassembled and 3 new O-ring installed.

You started a recovery thread. This should have been posted there(not in a new thread). You have a bad habit of posting new threads, rather than continue one(you started 2 recovery threads that I merged)

Please try use the forums properly, to get the most out of them.

Last edited: